You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac beta 1.8 needed...

Sorry to bother, but i`m using AP both on Mac and Windows and since new Windows beta 1.8 changed file format (so beta files can not be opened in latest release anymore) - i can`t use beta with all new shiny features without Mac counterpart. Which is a pity, since re-added HSV option in HSL filter sounds good :)

Until now the Mac betas always had preference and the Windows ones came a bit later ... I'd guess (without knowing) that the Mac betas are not far behind and will come either the next couple of days and / or around the time the new MacOS releases.

The numbering is interesting. Rather than going to 1.7.4 they've jumped to 1.8. At the same time some functionality is introduced in the Windows version which has been available in 1.7 for Mac, e.g. "Added Remove White Matte and Remove Black Matte to filters".

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

17 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

At the same time some functionality is introduced in the Windows version which has been available in 1.7 for Mac, e.g. "Added Remove White Matte and Remove Black Matte to filters".

That's a bug fix, as it should have been on Windows in 1.7, too, if it was available on Mac.

As they've gone to 1.8 there should be some major enhancement(s) coming, I think.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

The number specifically suggests the file format moving on (1.7.3 cannot open 1.8.x files)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

From what I am seeing only one beta each for Designer and Photo were released on the Windoze side and it is mostly "little" stuff - important stuff like some bug fixes and the like, but not the big highlight items that will make the beta more generally worth jumping into early in its cycle (unless you are directly impacted by one of those things).

When the next round of betas start coming out with some of the other capabilities we were already told to expect in 1.8 I'll be a bit more anxious for them to be the Mac releases.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Murfee said:

I have a feeling the wait is nearly over

Your word in the developers ears.

I'm super happy with 1.7.3 at the moment and love working with it. That said, I can hardly wait to get my grubby little mittens on new features and see what the programmers have come up during the past few months.

5 hours ago, Jens Krebs said:

I can hardly wait to get my grubby little mittens on new features and see what the programmers have come up during the past few months.

Same here, I have some photos to work on but have been holding off until the beta comes out 

On 12/5/2019 at 6:50 PM, fde101 said:

Meanwhile, additional Windows beta versions of Photo and Designer have been posted, but they again appear to be mostly bug fixes and relatively small tweaks, none of the more significant added features yet.

Just looked at "what`s new" - PSD export fixes quite a big thing... Why there is no Mac version still, why??? (( 
Patience is a hard thing to do :) 

• 3 weeks later...