You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Non destructive Mesh Warp Tool

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This feature, yes!

With the recently vastly improved support for Photoshop smart objects, this is the last piece of what's needed for a lot of my workflow - non-destructive mesh warps. The attached .jpeg shows the difference between what photoshop allows me to do in mocking up a label application on a round object (slight curves to follow shape of object) vs what imports into Affinity photo (stretched, flat shape with no curvature distortion unless I first rasterize it). 

smart-objects.jpg

Yes, please!

Same goes for the Perspective Tool - or any other tool that transforms, bends, warps, whatever, a bitmap layer.

I was (negatively) surprised recently when I learned that the Perspective Tool is destructive. That does not fit well in the picture, so to speak.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

@Adam_D, you may be interested in this macro I wrote for wrapping a label around a mug or bottle.

John

Thanks, John! That is certainly useful to have in my toolkit! 

The request for non-destructive mesh warps is still high on my wishlist - there are so many more instances than could be covered by this (or similar) macros that I still turn to Photoshop to accomplish and the more that I can accomplish in Affinity Photo, the happier I am ☺️

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

+1

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

+1

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 2 weeks later...