You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clone Tool stops working

The Clone tool works for a while and then does not function. I see there are quite a number of discussions on this on the Forum but I couldn’t find a solution. In my case the background layer was a pixel layer. When it stopped working I opened another pixel layer, selected it and it worked for a little while. I put the other layer above, below, merged them with no success. I use the Clone Tool quite a lot so the program is not much use if it is not working. Otherwise the program is excellent. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Culgoa,

Welcome to the forum.

What application are you using?
What is your operating system and version (Windows 10, OSX Mojave, iOS 12 etc)?
Do you have a document you can share that shows the problem?
Screenshots or a screen capture/video  (would be very handy) ?

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

• Staff

Hi Culgoa,

Welcome to the forums :)

Once you have provided the information HVDB has asked for we should be able to look into this further with you.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

1964220044_InfinityScreenPrint.thumb.JPG.198d0ff1603acdd97a27eeadceab7a71.JPG

Hi HDVB Photography and Callum,

Attached are my PC details.

I'm attaching also a screen print of The Infinity workpage. It's Just an image to get used to the program. It's the same image I wrote about which i had cancelled without saving so I tried again with the same result. I  tried to clone this image at the ball on the top left and the small container on the bottom right with the same result. The brown blob on the bottom right is where I put a fill in.

It may be that I am overlooking something but if so I really can't locate where.

Thanks and Regards

Ken

PC Details.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 11:46 AM, Culgoa said:

1964220044_InfinityScreenPrint.thumb.JPG.198d0ff1603acdd97a27eeadceab7a71.JPG

Hi HDVB Photography and Callum,

Attached are my PC details.

I'm attaching also a screen print of The Infinity workpage. It's Just an image to get used to the program. It's the same image I wrote about which i had cancelled without saving so I tried again with the same result. I  tried to clone this image at the ball on the top left and the small container on the bottom right with the same result. The brown blob on the bottom right is where I put a fill in.

It may be that I am overlooking something but if so I really can't locate where.

Thanks and Regards

Ken

PC Details.JPG

The Clone problem I am experiencing has a number of mentions in the Forum. Can someone please tell me if there is a fix for this? I first posted this on the 4th October and apart from a request for computer and program details I have heard nothing.

The Clone problem I am experiencing has a number of mentions in the Forum. Can someone please tell me if there is a fix for this? I first posted this on the 4th October and apart from a request for computer and program details I have heard nothing.

1 hour ago, Culgoa said:

Attached is the original image with History

Ball on Mug 3 with History.afphoto

The uploaded file does not have history included but your screenshot from 6th October shows you have Colour selected for the blend mode in the context toolbar - change this to Normal

You also have a selection active which does not appear to be causing a problem but you can get rid of it with Select > Deselect just in case it is affecting you

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.