You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Curve Text

Please consider adding curved text feature in Affinity Photo, keep It simple if need be, but usable for those that cannot justify purchasing another app to add this single feature.  I’m sorry, I know not the first or last to request.  My thanks.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

If curved is not the correct request, a text wrap feature around shapes or anything in image.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

On 10/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, Cecil said:

Please consider adding curved text feature in Affinity Photo, keep It simple if need be, but usable for those that cannot justify purchasing another app to add this single feature.  I’m sorry, I know not the first or last to request.  My thanks.

See my Mud’s Macros V3 library.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

Paul, thanks for your input; however, either I failed to convey my need or misunderstanding.  My requested is to allow me to wrap/curve Text around any object, useful in all types shapes, shirts, or anywhere one select in the photo.  So many family sporting, school, social events, banners, balls, etc., I think the tool would be a positive asset.  

Cecil 

13 minutes ago, Cecil said:

Paul, thanks for your input; however, either I failed to convey my need or misunderstanding.  My requested is to allow me to wrap/cruve Text around any object, useful in all types shapes, shirts, or anywhere one select in the photo.  So many family sporting, school, social events, banners, balls, etc., I think the tool would be a positive asset.  

His new macro gives you that. Try it: create a shape, and with it selected run the Text on Curve macro.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

His new macro gives you that. Try it: create a shape, and with it selected run the Text on Curve macro.

I don't want to create a shape or even a curved shape or object, I need to add Text around a curved or any outline in a photo.  Example:  A soccer ball flying in the air and I want to wrapped the school name around the ball.  Select ball, click Add Text Outline or something that would all me to position text, as needed.

Cecil 

5 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I don't want to create a shape or even a curved shape or object, I need to add Text around a curved or any outline in a photo.  Example:  A soccer ball flying in the air and I want to wrapped the school name around the ball.  Select ball, click Add Text Outline or something that would all me to position text, as needed.

You will need to create a shape around the object in your photo; e.g., draw an ellipse around it. Now that you have an object, run his macro. Then adjust the text.

That's all that Designer provides, and the macro provides that function in Photo.

Example: I used the Pen Tool to outline one of the cinnamon rolls, ran the macro, and provided text around the cinnamon roll:

Cinnamon-roll-text.jpg.c9e95dcfdeebf1070e08f00df191e129.jpg

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Paul & Walt, ding dong...I did download the macros initially and couldn't see the forest, because of the trees.  I isolated step 17 and YES it did just what I needed.  My thanks to both of you and I now have a group of items in my Library to explore.  

Cecil 

The macro works well in Affinity Photo; however, I believe this feature should be baked I n the AP program, not requiring the skill needed to create a macro from a program many may not have or the skill required.

On a side note, after downloading the macro to iCloud Drive, I imported in my IPad Pad Pro.  I will do more testing today; however, only some of the actions (V3 version) imported, TextOnCurve, was not one of them.  I deleted twice, downloaded macro, imported, same problem.

i see many comparison on this forum comparing PS and Affinity programs. I used CC and it has a value, at a price.  IMHO, Affinity Team and forum moderators and members are priceless.  

Cecil 

On 10/5/2019 at 7:34 AM, walt.farrell said:

Greetings Walt

We are a small group of 9/10 Seniors, here in Auckland, New Zealand, who regularly meet once a week, to jointly learn Affinity Photo.

Four of us now take turns in tutoring.  One of our little group, who is 88 yrs, likes to make his own Christmas cards.  In doing so, he puts in a curved text.  Nowadays, he only feels comfortable in doing this in Photoshop Elements, which we moved on from a few yearsback.  I would like him to learn how to do the same in Affinity Photo (plus learn for myself and others).

I have checked as thoroughly as I can, but unfortunately cannot locate the very lastest macro from Paul.  I have Version 2.

Please, how can we get hold of Version 3?  Probably simple to do, but I have not worked this out.   Tried to send you a private message, but got response that messages could not be

sent to you.

Many thanks in anticipation

Jim 

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

6 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Please, how can we get hold of Version 3?  Probably simple to do, but I have not worked this out.   Tried to send you a private message, but got response that messages could not be

Sounds like an interesting group you have, Jim :)

Paul provided the link to his post with the v3 macros above. Here it is again; check the bottom of that post.

-- Walt
PC:

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Sounds like an interesting group you have, Jim :)

Paul provided the link to his post with the v3 macros above. Here it is again; check the bottom of that post.

I sincerely wish his Facebook page had a similar dedicated subject in our forum.affinity.serif.com. As I, maybe many, refuse to join or participate in Facebook. Paul’s macro TextOnCurve works great in Affinity Photo Desktop macOS Mojave.  I imported the same V3 macros, saved iCloud Drive; however, when I attempt to import Affinity Photo iPadOS, about half of V3 macros import, TextOnCurve (17j does not.  I deleted and tried three times, same results.

I would appreciate anyone suggestion to assist in getting Paul’s Mud Macros V3 to import completely in IPadOS.  This problem could be isolated just to my IPadOS or likely my limited knowledge.

Cecil 

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

"Check the bottom of that post"

Many thanks, Walt!  I had not read all of the posts in that thread, so had not seen the link, first time around.  Got it now.  Just got to learn how to use it! 

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology