You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I convert afdesign documents/objects to artboards? I would like to combine several Designer documents (all small variations of my logo) into a single document with multiple artboards. I've watched the Desktop Designer Tutorial for artboards, searched the forum for 'designer convert object artboard' and read the "Affinity Designer Help" pages on artboards but can't get any of the methods to work. The Layer -> Convert Object to Artboard command is always grayed out. I tried the cut/paste technique (from the Tutorial) but it just pastes the object into the document (not part of the selected artboard) and the pasted lines & shapes are all fat and distorted. I know this should be easy but I've spent several hours (unsuccessfully) trying to figure it out. Any help will be most appreciated.

• Affinity Publisher 2.0.4
  • Affinity Photo 2.0.4
  • Affinity Designer 2.0.4
  • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.10.16
  • MacBook Air (M1, 2020) running macOS Ventura v13.0.1
  • Nikon D7100 with 18-135mm zoom

http://www.dojopico.org

Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like you've highlighted the Artboard Tool so I guess my question isn't clear. As I mentioned, I've watched the Tutorial, read the Help pages, searched the Forum and created lots of Artboards (from scratch) so I'm familiar with the Artboard Tool. The question is what to do with the afdesign documents/objects that I created before learning about artboards. I could start over and create them from scratch but I have to think there is some way to convert or copy/paste or some method to create an artboard from an existing object. I hope that's clearer. Thanks.

• Affinity Photo 2.0.4

OK, never mind. I just figured out what you did. The screen-scrape looks like you selected an artboard but I just realized that you probably had previously selected an object (the ellipse) and then clicked Insert Artboard. I just tried it and it seems to work. I knew it had to be easy! Thanks.

• Affinity Photo 2.0.4