MJBFI

Text Frame cannot be deleted

Potentially a bug.  I have a Text Frame that I cannot change except for the contents.  It appears with blue x's an all four corners and sides of the field.  The Text Field cannot be resized, moved, or deleted.  It is not pinned and the layer is displayed with a checkbox, but the check cannot be removed.  Screenshot attached.

60746706_ScreenShot2019-10-03at7_56_41AM.thumb.png.334320f105dc4f05c1c3ef4c62e75c28.png

The frame will be on the master page. You can edit it there or Detach the frame (right click in the layers panel )

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

Thanks Pauls; I appreciate it.  I checked the master and the text frame in question is not included on the master page. The expected header, footer, and body text frames are there, but not the one I can't delete.

I cleared the master and reapplied the same one again, and the text frame in question disappeared. :) I copied/pasted another similar text field on the same page with the same master, but it too "froze" in place.  I undid this action and then manually added a text frame, and can now fully control it.

53 minutes ago, Pauls said:

I'd still be curious to see what's going on

1 hour ago, MJBFI said:

It is not pinned and the layer is displayed with a checkbox, but the check cannot be removed.  

I came across something similar a couple of days ago. I meant to record it earlier but didn't have time. I've done it now and you can have a look at what's going on.

Incidentally, there is another issue there with pinned objects. The pin when moved snaps back to the original position. 

Please look at the layers. If you select a layer inside a master and then add any object that new object will remain locked and the only way of getting rid of it is to detach it and delete it.

This is as a consequence of the fact that a new layer is created above the selected layer in the layers stack.

30 minutes ago, Seneca said:

Incidentally, there is another issue there with pinned objects. The pin when moved snaps back to the original position.

I think that has been reported elsewhere, and occurs for images pinned in text where the Text Frame came from a Master Page (as in your case). The workaround, I think, is to use Edit Detached before trying to move the pin.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.767 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.767 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.742 Beta.

Dear team

Using Mac with Catalina and Affinity Pblusher Version 1.7.3

I have the same problem as descript by user MJBFI. But not only with text box, the issue can appear with any box additionally added out of the master page. This can be Textbox, table, picture - maybe all additional assigned boxes.

I had a layout well working, then I decided to change to another one. I created a new file, created the new master page then copied the text from the first one to the new one. Most of additional added elements are blocked after copy in the new file

I realy wait for an solution.

Regards

Dom

Hello, I have the same problem. I have a picture in a picture frame stuck in the text frame. It also is not on the master pages. I cannot delete, I cannot move the picture.

It really sucks, please help.

cheers Andy

Publischer picture stuck.jpg

Edited by Chief Joseph