You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Platform licensing

I bought Designer, Photo and Publisher for a Windows machine, which has since become redundant.

I have switched to a Mac and although Affinity software is great value, I can't justify paying out all over again for software that I have already purchased...

If one has two Windows machines, then you allow the customer to have the software on both machines... I can't understand why the platform is so restrictive, surely one should be able to have the software on a second machine regardless of platform?

My second point is one concerning pricing... If Affinity won't budge on the platform issue, then why not show a little solidarity with your customers/supporters, who have allowed you to create and maintain your business, by allowing a discount of say 50% for a second platform purchase and 20% for those who buy the full set of Designer, Photo and Publisher? 

• Staff

The Windows and Mac licenses are coded differently for the different operating systems. By limiting the license for just one or the other operating systems we are able to keep the price down for the majority of our users who only use the software on one type of OS.

If you wish to discuss your options for purchasing a bundle of software please email affinity@serif.com.   

Agree with pkey23. Forcing users to pay twice for the same product is ugly and unfriendly. Your target are home users and web developers. Both groups are multiplatform. You sell air. There is no problem for you generate for users two keys. The multiplatform license is common today as you may see on []Office or []Suite software.

Also the better price for Designer, Photo and Publisher pack will be welcome for both you and your customers. More users will start using the third program, which he not really needs and will learn it. It will help you with more publicity.

I dont thing so. It was nothing against Serif. I respect them and like them very well for developing the products. I just told that 1) only Serif software (AFAIK) must be bought twice for usage on two platforms. And 2) that we will be more happy when pack will cost less then all three apps bought separately. And 3) that "give" loyal user thirth app will be good for both sides.

Do you call it my arrogancy? "1" and "2" was customers point of view, which is (IMHO) what Serif want to hear and "3" is simply fact.