You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange Behaviour of Left Indent

Seneca

If I Left Indent a paragraph and then want to join it with the previous one I need to hit the delete key a few times before that happens.

This behaves very much like a bulleted text where I need to hit the delete key a few times to go back to a previous bullet level.

If I put 0 in Tab Stops I am unable to delete this indent at all, unless I delete the pilcrow of the previous paragraph.

This behaves similarly to Page Plus and it makes me think that the text engine in Publisher was ported from PP.

My view is that I should be able to hit the delete key only once to join the indented text with the previous paragraph and that's exactly how inDesign and QXP behave.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Pauls said:

You will need to alter an autocorrect preference 'Use tab to alter paragraph leel instead of inserting a tab' - deselect it

Hi Pauls, This works fine for me...until I need to change the level in a numbered or bulleted list, is there any way that Publisher can distinguish between lists & plain paragraph indents? 

2 minutes ago, Pauls said:

We have keyboard shortcuts for that Alt+Shift+[, Alt+Shift+],

Thanks...I have been using tab for this for so many years in other software that this might take some getting used to...I will see if I can change the shortcuts to something I might remember :)