You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't load LUTs I created in AP itself

Hi there, I really find myself enjoying the workflow in Affinity Photo, and I figured out some looks that I use very often. So I decided to create some LUTs to be more productive.

However I cannot load the LUT I created in AP.

I am on Windows and when the explorer opens to select the LUT I'd like to import/load after clicking "Load LUT" no items show up.

I really hope someone can help me out. I am on AP version 1.7.3.481 

UPDATE: I found out that giving it a name other than the given "Exported LUT" is triggering the bug. So any custom named LUTs are not loadable.

Cheers

Edited by mircokopf
update

Hello mircokopf,

I've tested LUTs both created within APhoto and externally, including one I created from scratch. As far as I can tell they work just fine and the filename doesn't seem to matter.  You say that no files are showing up in the file explorer dialogue.  What file extension are you using?  According to the help, the following file types are allowed:

The following types of LUT files are available: *.3dl, *.csp, *.cube, and *.look.

I always use .cube.  Can you provide any more details?

It does work though, albeit slowly! I imagine that the processing time is heavily dependent on the computing power available to you.  Here are the statistics from my machine (windows 10 64 bit, AMD FX6350 (6 core), 16 GB RAM and AMD Radeon R7 200 series graphics card).  I created a LUT from AP at maximum export detail level of 126x126x126 which gives a file of 51.5MB.  It takes 12 seconds to load and process the file.  AP will also use the graphics processor and any (and sometimes all!) available memory. If your machine is taking minutes to load it, then probably you're running into memory/processor (or just possibly graphics processor) limits.  If your machine is 32 bits then you should consider upgrading.

Good luck!

32 minutes ago, Subclavius said:

It does work though, albeit slowly! I imagine that the processing time is heavily dependent on the computing power available to you.  Here are the statistics from my machine (windows 10 64 bit, AMD FX6350 (6 core), 16 GB RAM and AMD Radeon R7 200 series graphics card).  I created a LUT from AP at maximum export detail level of 126x126x126 which gives a file of 51.5MB.  It takes 12 seconds to load and process the file.  AP will also use the graphics processor and any (and sometimes all!) available memory. If your machine is taking minutes to load it, then probably you're running into memory/processor (or just possibly graphics processor) limits.  If your machine is 32 bits then you should consider upgrading.

Good luck!

Thanks for this info. I was wondering why, when I go to load a photo into Affinity Photo and then click on LUT, that it takes a minimum of 5 minutes before my presets all load. I'm unable to click anything else in the program while this happens, either. I guess it's my computer processing speed rather than the software itself. 

Yeah, my machine is a mobile workstation. That might be the problem.

I got a Thinkpad p51 with i7 7700HQ (which runs comfortably at 3.60 ghz in Affinity Photo [So not 100%])

Nvidia Quadro 1200M 4GB

and 16GB of RAM

all running from nvme ssd.

*64 bits

:35_thinking:Does full screen slow down performance of AP? It should run better right?

I just loaded the same LUT of before in like a snap...

Was monitoring system performance in window mode side by side.

Thank you guys for the support!

Maybe we are just strange fellas, me and my laptop:7_sweat_smile:

I always run AP full screen so can't really answer your question but I would suspect that there's not much in it.  However, I have noticed that the first time that AP loads a LUT it takes significantly longer than subsequent times.  I guess that AP has to load up additional libraries from disk into memory