Jump to content
Chris7

Affinity Designer wont start with KB4515384 installed

Recommended Posts

Hi Affinity Team,

this topic refers to the already closed topic: 

 

 

Indeed, if I uninstall KB4515384 and and reinstall Affinity designer it works. 

But:  I have to pause Microsoft updates completely as KB4515384 keeps reinstalling again (every two days or so) and then Affinity Designer cant be opened again.

This is a business machine I am working on and I need both Microsoft Updates to be up2dat as well Affinity Designer to work.

Which is the solution for this? I´m quite a bit disappointed as I see no progress with this issue. Cant imagine I am the only one affected either.

If you have any workaround or better: a Fix, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Christian

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you checked to see if you have any of the 3rd-party applications installed that are known to cause problems? I recall seeing at least one report where uninstalling either one of those applications or uninstalling the Windows update fixed the problem.

 


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

Which is the solution for this? I´m quite a bit disappointed as I see no progress with this issue. Cant imagine I am the only one affected either.

Also, from various news items, that Windows Update even broke parts of Windows itself. The ultimate solution is for Microsoft to fix that update, I think.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

I have to pause Microsoft updates completely as KB4515384 keeps reinstalling again (every two days or so) 

Any single problematic Microsoft update can be "hidden" thus preventing it from being reinstalled after you uninstall it.

There is no need to pause all updates

Just search Google for the instructions 


Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Any single problematic Microsoft update can be "hidden" thus preventing it from being reinstalled after you uninstall it.

There is no need to pause all updates

Just search Google for the instructions 

thank you for the hint, this needs a microsoft tool as this is not a build in function:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Walt mentioned, some people have reported problems with MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) causing this issue.  Do you have any of these installed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 11:09 PM, - S - said:

As Walt mentioned, some people have reported problems with MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) causing this issue.  Do you have any of these installed?

 

Thanks, finally!

RivaTuner is the problem.

Just close Afterburner before starting Affinity. Closing Rivatuner only won't do the job, because it will automatically restart making Affinity crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andrea Calzetta said:

Closing Rivatuner only won't do the job, because it will automatically restart making Affinity crash.

From other posts you can configure RivaTuner to ignore the Affinity applications.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.