You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.1.26369 RC3)

Hi lesterng,

We have updated the Mac App Store version of Affinity Designer today to version 1.3.2. This is the most current version available.

Hi, MEB

I can't install this new version. Please help me. Maybe I just don't understand something. It seems, that new version is installed, but AD opens the later version.

http://prntscr.com/7qypfv

• Staff

Hi Nikson,

I've seen this happen before from the App Store - you basically have to go to your Applications folder and drag Affinity Designer to the trash can and then Empty the trash. Now restart the App Store and tell it to Install Affinity Designer again. That usually sorts things, as far as I can remember :)

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Nikson,

I've seen this happen before from the App Store - you basically have to go to your Applications folder and drag Affinity Designer to the trash can and then Empty the trash. Now restart the App Store and tell it to Install Affinity Designer again. That usually sorts things, as far as I can remember :)

Thanks,

Matt

You are right. Thank you for advice. Everything is okay.

By the way, you makes a great product. Thanks to your team :)

Is there a new version of the beta?  I'm not seeing any posts, but when I try to run 1.2.1.26369 I get a message that the beta has expired and to download the new beta.  But there isn't anything pinned except this string.  MAS 1.2.1 loads fine.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Dave, so this is normal to be locked out of the beta? :mellow:  I've never had this happen before when a MAS update happened.  I just set up my computer to open the beta when I double click a file, now I've got to change it back to the MAS.  

Is everyone having this problem of not being able to access the latest beta?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

That beta has expired, so yes, everyone is locked out of it. Every beta has an expiry date. Usually you don't notice because we make a new beta available before the previous one expires. On this occasion we've not done that because the Mac App Store version was updated instead. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

AD is unable to export this file. PNG or PSD don't work.

MacPro 6x3.33GHz - 16Go Ram

Hi lenogre, 

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. 

The export to png or psd works if the grouped layer is rasterised. 

I've attached my .afdesign version file (with saved history) & exported psd & png files as well, I chose to enlarge the grouped layer before rasterising to maintain a high resolution. 

, , 

Paul. 

I have a problem with another file.

The picture is a part of the PNG exported file (I can't show you the complete file because it's confidential). Lot of things are missing.

For correcting this problem, I can do a screen copy but when I'm zooming, some parts of my draw disappears. Cry!!!!!

The beta was better. I've exported this file 1 month ago and it was perfect.

Reload Affinity is the solution for a copy screen but export bug is still here...

post-395-0-97466600-1437399156_thumb.png

I think I also had this problem in the recebt AppStore version but thought it would be a bug of my MacBook.

It was a pretty basic pixel drawing and when zooming in and out different white blocks appeared. Or at least some blocks where layers got invisible. A restart solved the problem.

• Staff

I have a problem with another file.

The picture is a part of the PNG exported file (I can't show you the complete file because it's confidential). Lot of things are missing.

For correcting this problem, I can do a screen copy but when I'm zooming, some parts of my draw disappears. Cry!!!!!

The beta was better. I've exported this file 1 month ago and it was perfect.

Reload Affinity is the solution for a copy screen but export bug is still here...

Is it possible that you've turned off exporting for some of the objects in the document? Go to the Export Persona and in the Layers panel make sure that all the objects have a tick next to them... I'll ask for this behaviour to be changed because it has already tripped up a few people...

Thanks,

Matt

Paul : Excellent solution !

I've used it sometimes with vector patterns (viewport was very slow before raster).

Another question about my diamonds : I've created a brush with diamonds but they can't stay circular when the curvature is too important. Is there a solution ?

Hi lenogre, 

I can't remember who originally posted this video for making a clock face, but I've attached it here because it may be a good way for you to run the diamonds as objects around a circle. 

The rotation angles will need to be adapted to suit what you want. 

Paul. 

I can't remember who originally posted this video for making a clock face.

Oh, that seems to be me, Paul … ;)

But let me add, I replaced this video by another, correct one soon after my upload. As you will see, in the first video (which is the one you posted above) I flipped the Roman numerals at the bottom: which is weird of course, since you will end up with a clock face where six numbers appear mirrored. So in order to correct that mistake, I replaced the video by another one ("Clock.mov"), which can still be found here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/9472-text-on-a-path-anomaly/?p=40030

Seems you were so fast to download the first version …  :D

Cheers, Alex

MattP : my file is correct. I've done it last month but my client asked me for a little change this week.

…………………………………………………………………………

About duplication on a circle, my method :

- Create a circle bigger than the shape

- Duplicate the shape and the circle with CMD (do a little translation)

- Replace the shape and the circle at the original place

- Make the rotation

- CMD+J

and the miracle appears !

Don't forget to delete circles after that.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

A bug with boolean in the attached file

boolean.afdesign

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.