You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.1.26369 RC3)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Improvements, Features, Fixes

- Fix for opening images with profiles which are incompatible with their own colour format

- Fix for opened images not being initialised with their original DPI at times
- Importing vector documents will now clamp the inferred DPI to something sensible
- Improved PSD mask import
- PSD export stability improvements
- Printing improvements (remembers settings, etc.)
- Localisation tweaks
- Documentation tweaks
- Numerous crash fixes

I'm not running the Betas, so was wondering if the exit from Full Screen problem I was having has been resolved?

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work so far,

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

• Staff

I'm not running the Betas, so was wondering if the exit from Full Screen problem I was having has been resolved?

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work so far,

George

I think so. Is this the one to do with the ESC key and fullscreen mode?

Minor question but is it possible to delete the MAS version and just run the beta? I mean will it know that I'm an authentic user still?

Main reason for this is clicking on files and them defaulting to the MAS version.

I know I could probably just change default behaviour but I have a OCD streak about deleting unused apps.

Cheers.

PS) can't wait for publisher.

• Staff

Minor question but is it possible to delete the MAS version and just run the beta? I mean will it know that I'm an authentic user still?

Main reason for this is clicking on files and them defaulting to the MAS version.

I know I could probably just change default behaviour but I have a OCD streak about deleting unused apps.

Cheers.

PS) can't wait for publisher.

Hi kelpsalt,

Unfortunately, the beta version needs to see a valid Mac App Store version installed in order to know that you're a customer and allow you to run it, sorry :(

I think so. Is this the one to do with the ESC key and fullscreen mode?

Yup, that's the one.....

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Hey guys, for some reason I'm getting tons of crashes with the current beta. Perhaps it's stemming from beginning files in 1.2.1, opening them some in the new beta, then going back to 1.2.1 after having issues? But often I'm getting crashes every couple minutes. Uploading a couple files here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tss7izt6r87igbc/AAAvmjy9litv7_v4aIlBewwqa?dl=0

I hadn't checked the recent betas and I don't think I overlooked it in previous versions, but

THANK YOU!!!!!

I see resizing is now available in the Export... window in BOTH Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo!!

This is the one feature (Save for Web resizing in Photoshop) that I couldn't seem to find in other apps and was frequently needing to create a smaller version of hi res images for web postings and was stuck having PS as my only option.

Thanks again, and thank you for making it work in both!!! :D:D:D

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.