You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fonts not installing Designer 1.7.3

The problem just happens as it titles, I want to install fonts on Affinity Designer for iPad as the Affinity page tutorial follows, going to settings, pressing the cloud icon, locating the fonts I want to install, select each weight (file) such as bold, light, etc, and then tapping on "Open" but after that nothing happens, the fonts don't show on the list, tried this several times, also checked the font file extension and it is .ttf and .otf and none of them show, also checked on the text studio to see if them were just not showing up on the list but were available to use and nope, the fonts weren't installed, and I don't know what to do anymore! I've tried several times with different files and nothing happens, every time I repeat the profes of the cloud, select and open is like if I just did nothing, the list keeps empty and that's it, what could be happening?

On 10/3/2019 at 9:45 AM, Sean P said:

Hi FabTorres,

I've just tried this myself using 1.7.3 on iPadOS 13 and it is working for me - see attached video. Would you be able to grab a screen recording of what you're doing? My font files were stored on the iCloud drive - where was you installing yours from?

I have followed the video tutorial as well and have had loads of success with installing fonts, but there are some font families (with the same file extension and source) that absolutely refuse to play nice with affinity. My full Nexa and Open Sans library are useless on the ipad. They appear in the import list, but once in the app are non-existant from the font selector.

36 minutes ago, MEGraphicDesign said:

My full Nexa and Open Sans library are useless on the ipad. They appear in the import list, but once in the app are non-existant from the font selector.

I don’t encounter that problem on my iPad. I only have the free weights of Nexa (Light and Bold) installed here, but they’re both available in AD. Similarly, all weights of Open Sans are available from the Text Tools on-screen keyboard and the Text Studio font selectors.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...

I've recorded the video with the same steps and the same sadly, not even one by doing the normal process :( I've found the installs the font doing long press then get info and then in open as shown in the video, but it's one by one, and it's really tedious, even more with fonts I have that has more than 30 weights :/ , I'll leave the video attached below so you can see what I've done :/ BTW, I'm on iPadOS 13.1.3

• Staff

Hi FabTorres,

I've just tried what you've done in your videos (the only difference I can see is that it looks like you're importing from 'On My iPad' rather than iCloud which I was using) and was able to reproduce the issue. 

However what I found is that after selecting 'Open' the dialog remains open without showing a highlight (you press 'Cancel' on this dialog), however if I left it open the files I selected would then get highlighted and they imported shortly after.

If you try it again and leave the dialog open after selecting your files, do you find they eventually import?