You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.2.1.26369 RC4)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: None

Mac App Store: Submitted

Download: http://affinity.seri...m/beta-download

Update: Run the app to get the link / click download above.

Improvements / Fixes

- GPS metadata from RAW fixes
- Localisation tweaks
- Documentation tweaks
- Improved PSD mask import
- PSD export stability improvements
- PDF import improvements
- Printing improvements (remembers settings, etc.)
- Bitmap export ICC profile improvements
- Noise reduction tweaks

- Numerous crash fixes

That was the slowest download I can recall - must have been a lot of people located in Europe, Asia and Australasia waiting for this ...

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Congratulations, glad to hear that Photo will hit the app store soon …  :)

(As you will know, there are still some inconveniences on OS X Lion in the present version, the worst being the image going black when the marquee is used, but I am sure these will get sorted out in later updates … and perhaps I will leave the zoo soon … and head for the national park …  ;))

A_B_C

You can always download a "national park" version to a partition or external drive and see what you think.  I went to 10.10.4 today and all is well.

• Staff

Sorry, I can not find anything about the GPS information in AP?  Where can I find the „panel place/location”?

Maps and GPS information are available in the Develop persona. We use Apple Maps for this functionality so unfortunately is only available in the Mac App Store release.

Sorry, I can not find anything about the GPS information in AP?  Where can I find the „panel place/location”?

I had been reporting output exif problems, including the lack of gps information, when using the export functionality of APB and the developers finally seem to have solved and fixed the problems. My use Houdah to insert gps information into the images and then have been checking both the exif Panel (in the Photo Persona) and other software like LR to verify that the information is in the exported jpgs.

APB's release should contain a Location Panel for exif information display.

I'm really itching to get the final version of this great app. The logo that has been running with the Beta versions was great but the change to this latest one is a really bad move.

Please can we keep to the original Affinity Photo logo. So much more stylish.

Out of curiosity, which logo are people referring to in their comments  in this thread?  The one for the app that you can drag to the dock, or the very large one that comes up when the app opens?

Both have been changed, and my earlier post saying I liked the new one referred to the app/dock triangle one, but if the nay-sayers are referring to the one that comes up when the app is opened, then I'm in complete agreement.

hello everyone, i know it's too late to ask for a feature but i'd posted about this some time ago...

photoshop has a feature for exporting where you can see the exported image's quality change when you change the quality you want to export your jpeg as.

is this in this version of the software?

i can't find it in the export persona.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.