You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Repeated Crash on Export 1.7.3

I've updated the app to 1.7.3, i'm working on a simple document and when i'm going to export it to pdf the app simply crashes everytime.

After 4 or 5 attempts to make it work with nothing changed, no more crashes but if you can take a look at the crash report it would be appreciated.

Maybe something that's my fault? (Don't think so)

Thank you.

Affinity Designer_2019-10-02-103912_Mac-mini-de-Daniel.crash

• Staff

Hi dcarvalho84,

Was you getting this on a new document at all, or was it specific to the document that you were trying to export? If it specific, could you attach that document please? How many additional fonts had you installed on your Mac as well? Have you had any more crashes when exporting since?

31 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi dcarvalho84,

Was you getting this on a new document at all, or was it specific to the document that you were trying to export? If it specific, could you attach that document please? How many additional fonts had you installed on your Mac as well? Have you had any more crashes when exporting since?

Hi Sean

This was on a new document, created from scratch in 1.7.3, but i've had it too once with a document created on 1.7.2.

After those 4 or 5 attempts i've had no more crashes since, but i haven't done too much since it was from this morning but i will let you know if i have more.

I have a good number of fonts installed but i've had a problem on version 1.6 and after that i know that i can't have more than 2500 installed/activated so, for now i have less than 2000.

For some reason (that's i i've asked you to take a look at the crash) the same way the problem shows up, the problem goes away,  and i've done nothing, only repeating the export procedure ... Looks like those old cars starting engines from the first time in the morning :) Maybe i should have cleared the user defaults? Don't know