You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

50% discount email not working!

The 50% discount only applies to content (e.g. brush packs) from the store which can be used in the Affinity apps.  The discount does not apply to any of the apps.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 minute ago, Mr Lucky said:

Wow, that's a bit misleading!

Actually it's marketing...

Just getting you to visit the store may result in an extra sale or two of something, even if you discover what you originally wanted was not being offered at the 50% discounted rate.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

Do you see the difference?

Difference between content in the store and all the stuff in the store? No.

Content is the contents of the store, which are the things in the store.

I don't see any difference. It's like the content of my rucksack, it is all the things in my rucksack.

Just now, Mr Lucky said:

Difference between content in the store and all the stuff in the store? No.

I don't see any difference. It's like the content of my rucksack, it is all the things in my rucksack.

It might have been better if the subject line had read “50% off all content packs to celebrate Affinity’s fifth birthday!” rather than “50% off all content to celebrate Affinity’s fifth birthday!” but the wording in the body of the email is perfectly clear:

All of our success is down to the support and feedback you’ve given us, so as a
thank you, we’ve slashed the prices of all our content packs in half.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

t might have been better if the subject line had read “50% off all content packs to celebrate Affinity’s fifth birthday!”

Yes indeed, if that is what it means, that is what it should have said.

Difference between all content (everything) and all content packs (all content packs)

6 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

It's like the content of my rucksack, it is all the things in my rucksack.

If I take out contents insurance on my house I would not expect to be paid out if my wife dies in the house one day.

You need to read the finer details to see what "content" actually refers to

Marketing departments are highly trained illusionists at times

11 minutes ago, carl123 said:

If I take out contents insurance on my house I would not expect to be paid out if my wife dies in the house one day.

Serioiusly? Do you think that is a similar thing?

11 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Marketing departments are highly trained illusionists at times

Exactly my point. Illusionists mislead by creating illusions.

• Staff

In the email...

37 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

50% off all content" ( visit the store)

...is written after "so as a thank you, we’ve slashed the prices of all our content packs in half". The email is pretty clear as to what is discounted providing the entire email is read :) 

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

28 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

Contents would be the contents of the store, but content without the ‘s’ is shorthand for ‘content packs’. As previously noted, this is spelled out in the body of the email; also as previously noted, the button takes you to the ‘content’ page, not the ‘apps’ page.

There’s been a misunderstanding and some consequent disappointment, that’s all. Let’s move on!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

There’s been a misunderstanding and some consequent disappointment, that’s all. Let’s move on!

What did Marketing promise you to write that, Alfred?

We actually had some good come out of the misunderstanding. Made us go buy the whole suite that we've been wanting to do for a while already, because you know we were on that site already anyway so why not make it happen once?:10_wink:  & really $50 per app is not bad at all for such great products!

16 minutes ago, Chul said:

We actually had some good come out of the misunderstanding. Made us go buy the whole suite that we've been wanting to do for a while already, because you know we were on that site already anyway so why not make it happen once?:10_wink:  & really $50 per app is not bad at all for such great products! 

Ah well I already have Photo and Designer, hence I thought it would be good to get Publisher for 50% Ah well...

• Staff

I think this is a terminology thing that has got past my eyes when we reviewed the email prior to sending, sorry.

In the QA team we check many things. The software, the documentation, email communications, the website functionality and what we call "the content". This term (within Serif's walls) means the downloadable stuff that is sold (or given away) that compliments the software but that is not included in the application download. Typically this is brushes, styles, effects etc. As a generic term this is called "Content" to distinguish it from software. We have been talking about a "flash content sale" without recognising that this was an insider term. Seeing these posts I can understand we did not make that clear enough SORRY. 

The 50% sale is on the creative content packs sold in the Affinity Store, so everything that's not software or physical items. 

Sorry again that this was not picked up before sending the email.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Aye, I got caught out on that one.  I guess they're only human.  I've got their Photo and Design software (superb.)

I missed out on the Beta tester offer on Affinity Publisher.  By a day due to the software appearing on their website on Rupees.  Which made me wary of buying.  The price is now showing in UK pounds which is more re-assuring.

I don't need the Publisher software right now.  I'll wait a little longer for it to be on sale.  It will be a worthy addition.  Maybe a black friday or Christmas Offer might tempt me..?

Azrael.

• Staff

@mkuchar

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Perhaps you have misunderstood this thread, but being new here that is understandable. Customers were emailed about a 50% off sale of things we do sell. This thread is not about the free (claimable) content. The offer ended last Friday.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon