You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Export) errors with ACTUAL info?!

This is happening consistently now — where a document somehow gets corrupted (usually with multiple artboards, using elements from photo/designer) and does.not.want.to.export.to.pdf 

Jpeg export works, but for the life of me I can't figure out why the pdf export doesn't work.

Please please please Affinity, could you implement something that at the least gives some kind of error code when something goes wrong? 
Something that we can then refer to in fora? Because "an error occurred" doesn't really help anybody, if there's no path towards a solution.
What error? Out of RAM? Wrong name? Corrupted file? Could not parse file?

THANKS!

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 08.35.00.png

51 minutes ago, Shivadas said:

Please please please Affinity, could you implement something that at the least gives some kind of error code when something goes wrong? 
Something that we can then refer to in fora? Because "an error occurred" doesn't really help anybody, if there's no path towards a solution.
What error? Out of RAM? Wrong name? Corrupted file? Could not parse file?

Hi @Shivadas,

you might want to upload the file so that others can test export. Provided you can place the file and contained data in public. Moderators also provide a private upload link where you can send the file for further investigation. This before has helped other users.

Good luck,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hi Dominik,

Thanks! I have learned how to fix the issue when it happens. usually requires either rebuilding document or deleting some artboards.

The reason for this feature request is to have the program, like all other programs, tell me what error is happening, in stead of just saying there was an error.

Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, Shivadas said:

Thanks! I have learned how to fix the issue when it happens. usually requires either rebuilding document or deleting some artboards.

The reason for this feature request is to have the program, like all other programs, tell me what error is happening, in stead of just saying there was an error.

Good to hear that you found a solution to the faulty exports.

Sometimes it is hard for the software to tell, what the problem is. Of course it would be worth trying.

The solution to upload files for further investigation was meant for those cases that seem to be very unclear.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil