You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer Effects not closing

1. Open a layer "Layer Effects" window

2. Close the image, notice the window stays open but disabled.

3. Open an image, the window is enabled, leaves changes in history, but on no layer (since non is selected).

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

4 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

the history is empty, but if you change anything in the window it will show up in history, but no layer is affected.

When I open a an image file, the background layer is automatically selected. So at that point, if I adjust the Effects dialog that remained open from the prior image, it affects the selected layer.

Are you de-selecting that background layer before adjusting the Effects dialog? You didn't mention that as part of your recipe.

But if I do that (de-selecting the background layer) then it's impossible to adjust the Effects dialog. It's still there, but inactive until a layer is selected.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

When I do this with a document with more layers/filters etc. the app is auto-selecting the last layer I added. In this case, a Clarity Live Filter. If I delete that and repeat, it goes back to selecting the Background.

I'm really not sure what's going on your end but it might be file specific or the way you've built the file.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 10:45 AM, Chris B said:

I can repo it with your file. No layer gets selected which isn't what happens on the test files I've been using. Leave it with me :) Oh and thanks for the file! 

Any news for 1.8?

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.