You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SYMBOLS Menu Listing

It's been more than a year since I bought the AFFINITY DESIGNER, and I was enjoying how beautiful it was until I realized it's not practical for me.

One of the reasons I want to stop using ILLUSTRATOR is because of its inability to use multiple cores thus causing so much FREEZING.  Affinity Designer, from what I gather, does use all the cores.

I use a lot of symbols to keep my files organized and to be able to import from one file to another.  And having that that SYMBOL menu window options available to choose different listing views, (i.e., icons, details, and large icons) makes a whole lot of difference in my workflow.

This is one of the major reasons, along with LIVE PAINTS for example, that keep ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR users who need a professional alternative still haven't changed to AFFINITY DESIGNER in spite of its elegance.

It needs to be PRACTICAL.

FIX THAT and I can guarantee you, that at least 20 users in my group/company, and those in my wife's company/studios will change as well.

DON'T DO anything and you will just keep the likes of us away and still complaining about ILLUSTRATOR.

B.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 10.39.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 10.40.37 AM.png

YES... We use symbols in most of our illustrator files.

It's impossible to view them as a list. The only option is an icon, with a limited number of visible characters (10max).

There is SYMBOL options to change list of symbols modes (icon/list/details).

Yes, its a major setback.

Add to that, there there is no way to import a symbol from one affinity designer file to another.

You may not see the problem with that. For us, the symbols listing view mode is as important as the layer mode.

PS... Are you responding as A DEVELOPER at SERIF, or just one who loves the title "ADVANCED MEMBER" and wish to dismiss anyone else remarks?

Edited by BOOT SEE
klicked SUBMIT too fast

YES... We use symbols in most of our illustrator files.

It's impossible to view them as a list. The only option is an icon, with a limited number of visible characters (10max).

There are SYMBOL options to change the list of symbols modes (icon/list/details).

Yes, it's a major setback.

Add to that, there there is no way to import a symbol from one affinity designer file to another.

You may not see the problem with that. For us, the symbols listing view mode is as important as the layer mode.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING... about the SYMBOLS listing mode options -- How about a way to see the actual full names in the listing...in detail mode?

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.18.41 AM.png

Why are you using symbols for this?

It would be better to save the items as assets, drag a item on your workspace and then create a symbol from this.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

• 3 months later...