You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

AffinityPublisher breaked down after opening a certain file (yesterday it worked perfectly) all the time, I made the suggested update. The installation started, but then suddenly the info pops up "Fehler beim Setup" and the installation stops. Not even the old version is working anymore. What can I do?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,

Ariadna

• Staff

Hi Ariadna,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm very sorry to hear this! In order for us to see the issue with your update I'll need a copy of the log created.

Please open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) then paste the following string and press OK:

%temp%\AffinitySetup

In the window that opens, please select the most recently created folder, then attach SetupUI.log to your reply here.
Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for that, the issue showing is as follows - 

Error: The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher.  The installation cannot continue.

We've seen this previously, please try restarting your PC, then right-click on the downloaded .exe file and select 'Run as Administrator'

Please do let me know how this goes!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

I'm glad to hear it, many thanks for letting me know!

Does this happen with any file, or only a specific one? Does the app crash if you crate a new, blank document?

Can you please check if Affinity has generated a crash log for me? Please navigate to the below location from Windows Run. In this folder you will find Crash Reports generated by our apps. Please send us the .dmp file with the latest Created/Modified Date.

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports

Please note -

Many thanks!

18 hours ago, Ariadna said:

At the beginning it was only one file, now it happens with others as well. But this is a new problem, until yesterday everything went well.

a540ae84-12d3-4fc2-a2ba-3f6cc87f9400.dmp

19 hours ago, Dan C said:

I'm glad to hear it, many thanks for letting me know!

Does this happen with any file, or only a specific one? Does the app crash if you crate a new, blank document?

Can you please check if Affinity has generated a crash log for me? Please navigate to the below location from Windows Run. In this folder you will find Crash Reports generated by our apps. Please send us the .dmp file with the latest Created/Modified Date.

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports

Hi Dan

I think it has something to do with the path, as I work with Dropbox and I opened the file on my other computer. Now I'm doing the whole work again... My question is: can I make a relative path instead of an absolute one to place the pictures? Otherwise the only way will be to embedden them, but that will increase the size of the document enourmesly...

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response, our developers are still investigating this, but the crash does seem to be triggered when the app tries to render one of your placed files.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:37 AM, Ariadna said:

My question is: can I make a relative path instead of an absolute one to place the pictures?

Unfortunately this isn't an option currently, it does sound as though embedding the files may be the workaround for your document. 

Please note -

Many thanks!