You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

psd saved in Affinity Photo suddenly blurry

Hi there,
I made two paintings with AP yesterday and they looked fine (=not pixelated or anything) while I was working on them. The size I had chosen for the images was big enough. After I saved them as psd-files, they became super blurry and are now suddenly only 72 dpi.
I did not change anything in the saving settings, so what happened there?! Can't use the images like this.
Thanks!

• Staff

Hi Juhu

These don't look all that blurry for digital paintings to me. Do you have a copy of the afphoto file before they were blurry so I can compare the two?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

I wish I had... 
That is actually my second question:
the files seem to save automatically all changes, so the original afphoto file looks just like this one.
Is that a default setting that I can change?

Back to the blur: don't know what to say. If these don't seem blurry to you... they are very blurry to me and my partner who saw the original ones yesterday. The were painted with the digital gouache paint tool in AP, so you could actually see single brush "hair" strokes within one stroke, even when zooming in everything looked sharp. So yes, they are super blurry now.
Also don't see why digital paintings should be more blurry in general, since the stroke appearance is super detailed as described above.

Thanks!
J

Edited by Juhu

P.S: Maybe I should explain: the pictures aren't blurry for a 72 dpi file, but they were bigger than that before I saved them and as detailed as I said...
So the main thing I's like to know is how this happened (probably through exporting), so that it doesn't happen again...
Thanks again!

10 hours ago, Juhu said:

Hi there,
I made two paintings with AP yesterday and they looked fine (=not pixelated or anything) while I was working on them. The size I had chosen for the images was big enough. After I saved them as psd-files, they became super blurry and are now suddenly only 72 dpi.
I did not change anything in the saving settings, so what happened there?! Can't use the images like this.
Thanks!

PSD is a Photoshop format. It’s not actually an image file type but rather a package.

Save as PNG or JPG for example.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration