You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export PNG: 'selection without background' forces image resize

10C

Hello All,

I've noticed a strange issue with photo. When I try to export a selected object, or an object and it's group, using (File > Export) the correct image size of the selected object is shown, however, when I choose "Selection without background" the dimensions change to the original uncropped size of the image (1250x1250). Note: using the export persona on the image also results in an improper export size. The slice is 1250x1250 instead of 900x1200 as it should be.

It appears the cause of the issue relates to the adjustment layer that was created before the file was cropped. If I delete the adjustment layer, the selected object exports at the correct size. Additionally, if I create a new file using the dimensions of the cropped file (900x1200), then paste in the image and re-create the adjustment layer, the image will export at the correct size. If I delete the original adjustment layer and re-create it the file exports at the correct size also, but unfortunately I didn't find that out until testing the issue to report it.

affinity-photo_export-issue_shot-01.PNG

affinity-photo_export-issue_shot-02.PNG

affinity-photo_export-issue_shot-02-01.PNG

affinity-photo_export-issue_shot-03.PNG

affinity-photo_export-issue_shot-04_manually-sized-export-is-distorted.png

tophat_01-02_101.afphoto

With Photo (ver 1.7.3.481):

With File Export I am getting similar results any time I manually change the pixel dimensions to resize the output and then change the entry in the Area field, the manually entered pixels change back to the original values.