You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

page scroll speed with mouse wheel

• Staff

Hi Paolo192 :)

Unfortunately it's not possible currently to change this, however we may add the option in a future update!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this helps but if you're on Windows and have a Microsoft Mouse you can install the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre which will enable you to control wheel speed. I don't know if there are any other similar utilities available.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thank you for your answers.

I'm using Win 10.

The mouse wheel works well on my W10 and others sofwares. But in Publisher, the mouse scroll speed up/down is very low in the tab "PAGES". I'd like to set it up ...

Is it possible ?

5 hours ago, Tonio DG said:

mouse scroll speed up/down is very low in the tab "PAGES".

There is no interface to customize the scroll speed within APub. – Just two workarounds: a.) Don't scroll but click in the vertical scroll bar at the right edge of this panel, causing an immediate jump, while your click position influences the resulting area of pages (and is relative to the total number of pages). b.) Choose a smaller icon size to increase the scroll speed.

I am wondering why you mention the pages panel in particular – is there the scrolling speed remarkable different to the speed in the main window?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 1 year later...

I also came here to find out if you could change the scroll speed in Affinity Publisher. I agree with Tonio, the scroll speed in the pages panel is remarkably slower than in the main window. I like to keep the page icons large so I can see the pages' content to ease navigation, and using the vertical scroll bar (in other software, too) is incovient to use, at least for me. I hope this gets updated!

On 7/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, thomaso said:

I am wondering why you mention the pages panel in particular – is there the scrolling speed remarkable different to the speed in the main window?

Because scrolling the Pages panel with the scroll wheel does not scroll like anything else in Affinity. This feels like an error in the code, like it's taking the scroll distance and dividing it by two for no apparent reason.

I don't think people are asking for a customizable scroll wheel setting in Affinity, just to have somebody review scrolling the Pages panel with the scroll wheel for a possible error. It feels wrong.

I'd forgotten about this until VNA posted, scrolling the Pages panel with the scroll wheel is so bad that I'd taken to clicking in the scroll box to scroll more quickly.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...