You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving issue iPadOS 13.1

Salvatore82

Hi, I have an iPad Pro 10 year 2018 with iPadOS 13.1 operating system
the problem that I find and save the .afphoto files on icloud drive. The system does not let me choose the save folder and requires me to save it only on the main folder and not on the native folder and under affinity folders Phot. how can i solve? If instead I export the photo in jpeg I can choose any folder that is inside icloud drive.
Thanks

If you use Save on the Project screen the file is saved to the default storage location. To save elsewhere, open the file and on the workspace screen use the Document menu and select Save a copy. Navigate to the desired storage location and save . Now close the file and use Open from cloud to navigate to the location you just saved to. Open the saved file. Now in the Document menu you will find a Save option now appears. Any changes you make will now be saved there. :)

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

DM1, I followed what you wrote but I am having a problem with the saved file.  I can save it to my desired location but once there it will not open.  
It reads with all the size but when I double click it just opens to a blank file telling me the size using both save from the Project screen and Save a copy from the Document menu. Also will not open with drag and drop. 
Have a suggestions?

I have not discover a method to drag IPad Pro Photos to the Affinity App.  Just don’t know how to open Affinity Photo and Photos same time to drag from one to another.

i can export from Affinity Photo to my IPad Local Storage folder png, jpeg, etc., however, I cannot from the Export Persona, get white blank file folder.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

57 minutes ago, p_mac said:

DM1, I followed what you wrote but I am having a problem with the saved file.  I can save it to my desired location but once there it will not open.  
It reads with all the size but when I double click it just opens to a blank file telling me the size using both save from the Project screen and Save a copy from the Document menu. Also will not open with drag and drop. 
Have a suggestions?

DM1, got it. One needs to import it from cloud within the AP app.   :69_zzz:

hi Cecil,
Open AP,

drag Photo App from the App menu on main screen, (If the Photo App is not in the App bar drag it there before opening AP

6AB4D3C1-2DC9-4926-B46D-FAC1C3A34F2A.thumb.jpeg.a947bfe3715a075905a6ca77652e1aa8.jpeg

Drag the photo onto the AP project screen

8D824702-1A24-4D31-AF13-16DF6B161D30.thumb.jpeg.bb4889b6ecbc27ee6d384fb07ffc6532.jpeg

the photo for me opens black, but it is there, click on it and it will open in the Develop Persona

3E7DB0F8-5D64-4977-8C34-B264F423A122.thumb.jpeg.0f92f9c4c91bec1e10ed34262784a603.jpeg

Hope that I am not telling you something you already know.

p_mac I was addressing dragging Apple Photos directly to Affinity Photo app. Additionally, when I drag per your instruction, I get a blank folder.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

6 hours ago, p_mac said:

It reads with all the size but when I double click it just opens to a blank file telling me the size using both save from the Project screen and Save a copy from the Document menu. 

There appears to be an issue with opening .afphoto/.afdesign files from Files Open tab. Also not working with shortcuts. Devs have been informed so hopefully we will see a solution that makes opening files a little (lot) easier in the near future. :)

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

14 hours ago, Cecil said:

p_mac I was addressing dragging Apple Photos directly to Affinity Photo app. Additionally, when I drag per your instruction, I get a blank folder.

Sorry that you are having problems and perhaps I misunderstood your issue.  When I drag and drop from Apple Photos onto AP the image is black or seemingly blank but when I open it it the photo is actually there.  Am I reading,that you are trying to drop a folder onto AP?

I am assuming that I just don’t understand your issue.

I thought that I may actually have the ability to open the Files App and Affinity Photo at the same time, drag a file from my IPad storage file into Affinity.  As iPadIOS boldly claimed you could open multiple apps, if you can, I cannot do it, with AP and Files.

Cecil 

6 hours ago, Cecil said:

As iPadIOS boldly claimed you could open multiple apps, if you can, I cannot do it, with AP and Files.

The Affinity apps currently do not allow multiple instances even though this feature is available in iOS. You can however lay another app over the Affinity app and drag and drop. You cannot 'open' multiple images on the Workscreen this way but you can import multiple images into the project screen space. Importing into a Project folder created for that purpose is the tidiest method.

5F61E709-5E05-4778-AAAE-B92C2C2068B3.jpeg

DM1 thank you very much.  I had the process backwards in my attempts, opening Files first and dragging AP up.  

Cecil