You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows - 1.7.3

Patrick Connor

1 hour ago, oliiix said:

No it doesn't depend on if fixes are important to you or not, there's valid reasoning behind such terms as "major update" and software versioning actually follows  the same strategies/guidelines/rules everywhere except you're dealing with developers who have no clue and should use their caffeine intake probably in a different area ;) Developers can get finicky about this as it's quite important to have a proper versioning system in place.

I may have personal reasons concerning AP bug with Apple Photos; however, I cannot claim developers are clueless, have no define Serif guidelines and metrics,  concerning bug fixes and depend on caffeine to prioritize their daily workload.  I think apology is due to the developers and Serif, IMHO.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• Staff
1 minute ago, Cecil said:

I think apology is due to the developers and Serif, IMHO.

I disagree, you are all commenting on the word "major" which I removed almost immediately it was pointed out, as it was a copy paste error from the 1.7.2 announcement. This was not a major update over 1.7.2 as it included very few new fixes (with 2 important regressions undone, on Masks and on ABR files ) and so was essentially "minor".

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

I disagree, you are all commenting on the word "major" which I removed almost immediately it was pointed out, as it was a copy paste error from the 1.7.2 announcement. This was not a major update over 1.7.2 as it included very few new fixes (with 2 important regressions undone, on Masks and on ABR files ) and so was essentially "minor".

Respectfully, I missed the word “except” if that was meant to exclude Serif developers.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection