You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to select more than 1 layer at a time when recording a macro

Subclavius

I want a macro to add 2 pixel layers at the top of a AF layer stack, fiddle with them and then group them together.  When attempting to record the macro I can get everything done except that last bit (grouping) because APhoto does not permit selection of more than one layer at a time when recording a macro. I have seen work around methods but they don't work for me because the layer stack contains an arbitrary number of layers and I only want to group the top 2.  Am raising this as a bug rather than a feature request as I find it annoying.  At the moment I have to use the work around of an almost complete macro and do the grouping (and naming) by hand.

Any help would be welcome.

Nigel

6 hours ago, Subclavius said:

because the layer stack contains an arbitrary number of layers and I only want to group the top 2

Select the lower of the top 2 layers and Arrange > Group
Select the layer above the new group just created and Arrange > Move Inside

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hello carl123,

Thank you.  That has fixed the problem.  I'm glad someone understands this stuff!

I'd like to leave this post open for the moment: perhaps a knowledgeable person from Serif would like to comment, on whether this is likely to be addressed or added to the stack of feature requests, or simply closed.

Nigel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 4:09 AM, carl123 said:

Select the lower of the top 2 layers and Arrange > Group
Select the layer above the new group just created and Arrange > Move Inside

Thanks,  @carl123

I had Affinity hang after trying to select two layers in the usual way. On APh restart, the macro panel had the 'record' button disabled and 'stop' enabled. No great shakes, but probably a bug.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.