While working on 3.5 m x 5 m sized document with 300 DPI, I tried to select the Selection Brush Tool in Pixel Persona. AD immediately crashed!

screenshot_AD.thumb.png.197fc30a17c0c431779771c85606b246.png

No issues while working on documents with small dimensions. Also, tried opening the file in AP and issue exist there too!

YouTube | Shutterstock | GraphicRiver

Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 | Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 
Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version 1903

Hi malayali,

Is your document using 300DPI? I've just tried this myself on a 72DPI document and it was ok, as soon as I changed it to 300 DPI I could reproduce it. I'll get this passed on to development.

With that said I would look at dropping your DPI setting to something much much lower to around 50dpi. Without knowing the the intent of the document it is hard to say, however documents of that size are generally viewed from a much further distance so a quality of 300DPI is not required.

1 minute ago, Sean P said:

Is your document using 300DPI? 

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Without knowing the the intent of the document it is hard to say, however documents of that size are generally viewed from a much further distance so a quality of 300DPI is not required.

Is 50 DPI fine in such cases?

YouTube | Shutterstock | GraphicRiver

Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 | Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 
Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version 1903