You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Downloaded Blast Powder Brushes by Ian Barnard

• Staff

After purchasing login to your Affinity Store account under the Downloads & Product Keys section you should find your download for the Blast Powder Brushes. This packs consists of two downloads, Blast Powder Brushes & BONUS GLOW: Lettering Brushes. Setting the Download button for each will begin the downloads, these will download into your native downloads folder on your computer.Once download within each supported app from the Brushes panel preference menu select to Import Brushes and browse to the download location and select the file.

If you're downloading them on iPad and if you are using Safari when downloaded you will be given the choice of Open With, select the Affinity app you want to install them in.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:23 AM, Lee D said:

After purchasing login to your Affinity Store account under the Downloads & Product Keys section you should find your download for the Blast Powder Brushes. This packs consists of two downloads, Blast Powder Brushes & BONUS GLOW: Lettering Brushes. Setting the Download button for each will begin the downloads, these will download into your native downloads folder on your computer.Once download within each supported app from the Brushes panel preference menu select to Import Brushes and browse to the download location and select the file.

If you're downloading them on iPad and if you are using Safari when downloaded you will be given the choice of Open With, select the Affinity app you want to install them in.

Thank you young man. I appreciate your help.

I finally figured it out accidentally by going into the persona screen. It allowed me to see my brushes downloads. Blessings. Thank you again.

• 6 months later...

I have bought and downloaded these brushes but I can't find them in Affinity Designer... I've tried importing them, and it says that it imports them successfully but I can't see them in the brushes dropdown

10 minutes ago, syc said:

I have bought and downloaded these brushes but I can't find them in Affinity Designer... I've tried importing them, and it says that it imports them successfully but I can't see them in the brushes dropdown

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @syc.

Have you checked the Pixel Persona. That pack provides raster brushes, I believe, which will only be available in Photo or in the Pixel Persona of Designer.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, syc said:

You were right, they were in the Pixel Persona. In which case, how do I use them

You can use them to paint raster brush strokes when you're in the Pixel Persona. You just can't use them to paint vector brush strokes in the Designer Persona.

You can switch back-and-forth between the Personas whenever you want, doing some of your work in each.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: