You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shortcut for applying macro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, miss_c said:

How can we add that as a feature request? Much needed feature!

It's already a feature request; look at the forum you're posting in :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/28/2019 at 6:47 PM, larsbre said:

Is there a possibility for assigning a keyboard shortcut to apply a desired macro? This could speed up workflow significantly compared to clicking in the library panel...

90% of my photography is on one camera at ISO 200 with the same lens using raw. I apply the same initial noise reduction and sharpening in the Photo Persona every time, having the ability to use a keyboard shortcut to access a macro to do this for me would speed up my work flow. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

+1 Yes, this feature is missing a lot. Unlike Photoshop, I have to center every photo that I drag and drop into my document by clicking two buttons. In PS it centers automatically, as this is the most wanted position. I do this maybe 500 times in one week. So I thought, I could work around by making a macro and use a shortcut. But Macros don't support shortcuts. So it is still one click.

27 minutes ago, No more PS said:

+1 Yes, this feature is missing a lot. Unlike Photoshop, I have to center every photo that I drag and drop into my document by clicking two buttons. In PS it centers automatically, as this is the most wanted position. I do this maybe 500 times in one week. So I thought, I could work around by making a macro and use a shortcut. But Macros don't support shortcuts. So it is still one click.

You can assign shortcuts to Arrange > Align Middle and Arrange > Align Centre

If you choose two single key shortcuts next to each (on the keyboard) for the above two commands, it's a simple & quick double press on those 2 keys

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Agreed. This is super important to my workflow and preventing me from licensing photo on multiple computers. I use a StreamDeck and all my macros or "actions" on photoshop are mapped to a shortcut then set as a hotkey on my StreamDeck. Please bring this feature to Affinity Photo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...