iuli84

No Affinity thumbnail previews in iCloud Drive (Files app)

...for both Photo and Designer (1.7.2, iOS 13.1.1); thumbnails are shown however for other photo/drawing apps so it might have something to do with Affinity (if I’ve missed something and they can be somehow ‘activated’, any help is much appreciated)

Kind regards,

iuli

(edit, uploaded another image since brushes aren’t shown anyway)

AB959825-4B57-4B32-9C51-303E3AB0746F.png

I’ve got Affinity thumbnail previews for all Affinity files in cloud drive (file app) when looking at the files on my iPad. Both Designer and Photo, but also Publisher. 

You don't take a photograph, you make it.

- Ansel Adams

11 hours ago, edwardsson said:

I’ve got Affinity thumbnail previews for all Affinity files in cloud drive (file app) when looking at the files on my iPad. Both Designer and Photo, but also Publisher. 

Thanks for the info; all my affinity files are not linked to the app and when clicking them they open to show the preview and they not automatically open in Designer as they did before updating to iPadOS. Since they’re showing right on your side it clearly has something to do with my device, even if I have no idea what is causing this.

Regards

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

I don’t know if this is the same on iPads but on Windows you can go to Preferences and in the General panel there’s an option for “Save thumbnails with documents”. Is this switched on?

Thanks for the advice but I don’t see that option on iPad 

We think this is an iOS 13 issue. We've also found that files that don't have an associated default app (.afpub for example) grab a random thumbnail from an installed app - tested on 2 ipads, and one file had an Adobe CC thumbnail, one had a Dropbox thumbnail. 

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

I don’t know if this is the same on iPads but on Windows you can go to Preferences and in the General panel there’s an option for “Save thumbnails with documents”. Is this switched on?

That option is only on Desktop :)

On 10/6/2019 at 9:45 PM, AdrianAguirre said:

PREVIEW ICONS MISSING

I’m having the same issue. Icons wont appear and are not linked to Designer or Photo apps

2A7C19F8-ABC4-4FB2-AB63-E7356F8327B6.png

I am actually having the exact same issue with ".afdesign" files. but upon exporting them to a ".jpg" or a ".psd" format the full document preview appears.

@GabrielM There is definitely something amiss. .afdesign and .afphoto files cannot be opened via iOS, only from the affinity app. No file association?

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB   lpadOS 14.0 1 Apple Pencil (1st gen), Affinity Photo 1.8.4.186,  Affinity Photo beta1.9.0.199 Affinity Design 1.8.4.4, Publisher for iPad (21st century)

5 minutes ago, AprilWetter said:

what a catastrophy

But you an still open them using  the normal open or import from cloud method in the app. :)

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB   lpadOS 14.0 1 Apple Pencil (1st gen), Affinity Photo 1.8.4.186,  Affinity Photo beta1.9.0.199 Affinity Design 1.8.4.4, Publisher for iPad (21st century)

45 minutes ago, DM1 said:

But you an still open them using  the normal open or import from cloud method in the app. :)

No, affinity can’t even find them, seems as if connection to files is completely lost.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:18 PM, summersara said:

To get these blank files to open, i just drag them over to the right side of the ipad, they enlarge and then open in there respective programs.

Thank You, this worked:7_sweat_smile:

6 hours ago, AdrianAguirre said:

This is addressing the moderator, you said Affinity is aware of the issue, when can we expect a fix?

The same goes for the issue with iCloud folders (Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer) with the same icons, which is the icon of Affinity Photo on both folders.

You don't take a photograph, you make it.

- Ansel Adams