You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo regular random crashes

Hi all, I've been an AP user for about 4-5 months now and have just begun experiencing random crashes on my desktop PC. I can't isolate what is causing the issues as it happens in multiple different circumstances and with different file sizes, different functions / tools, etc. It doesn't seem to happen on my laptop.

Nothing has changed on the desktop that I can pinpoint. Specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Graphics drivers are latest versions direct from NVidia

I've lost 15 minutes of work about 4 times today. Never had this before so I'm very confused as to what's going on.

• Staff

You'll need to navigate to one of the below locations from the Run Dialog. In this folder you will find Crash Reports generated by our app. Please send us the .dmp file with a time and date that corresponds to a crash.

Affinity Photo

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

You can also check the Windows Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application for an Error showing when the app crashes. Selecting this will show more information on the General panel, copy and paste this to a text file and send in with the crash report. Also see if any other error shows at the same time as this can sometimes be something our app uses in Windows that is causing an issue.