Kev

Save and export filenames

Hi I’m fairly new to processing on the iPad and am wondering if anybody can tell me how I can automatically keep the original filename when exporting my work from .RAW format to .afphoto and .JPG formats.

i want to be able to keep the camera filename so I can cross reference my processed work to original camera file, and sometimes re-visit my processing.

i only get the “Untitled.jpg” option and its an absolute pain having to look up the original file name, type in and change it. 

Thanks in advance 

Kev

You get the Untitled.jpg option if you go straight to Export without going back to document screen within Photo. If after doing your adjustments you switch to the document screen, the app will then apply the original filename to the working file. If you then tap and reopen and then use Export it will have the original filename. Not an ideal workflow at the moment,

It has been raised before and I believe it is logged with the developers to see if any improvements to this process can be made but until I'm back in the office I can't say for sure. 

Thanks Lee, yes - not the best workflow.

this would be a great improvement if the developers could work something in.