You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drag and drop variables in slice names does not work

For what it's worth, drag/drop works just fine for me in that dialog, from a quick test, in both the stable and beta versions.

Perhaps more information about the files where this fails, or a sample file that exhibits the problem, would help.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I can't drag a variable upwards from the lower panel as I would expect

I have to drag it left or right first to "detach" it, then upwards - only then does it work

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

That's strange, Carl. I don't need to do it that way. A straight upward drag works just fine.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Strange indeed, just tried on my Windows 10 PC with a mouse and that works fine with an upward drag

So it might be something to do with Windows 8.1 or the Wacom Pen/Tablet on this PC

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Good point. The feature works normally in my Windows 10 machine but I can confirm it is broken in my client's machine which runs Windows 7. Can't access the latter now, otherwise I would try carl123's workaround.

So probably the drag-and-drop feature is OS related.

• Staff

Hi Rubs,

I've just tried this myself using a Windows 7 VM and I'm unable to reproduce it. See attached video - is there anything you're doing different that I may have missed? If not does the machine that is not working have any form of tablet/input drivers such as Wacom or Huion? If so what version are those drivers?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.