rubs

Drag and drop variables in slice names does not work

For some time now I cant find a reliable way to configure slice names in the "Configure additional properties" anymore. Dragging and dropping variables from the lower panel is broken.

Will this be fixed?

For what it's worth, drag/drop works just fine for me in that dialog, from a quick test, in both the stable and beta versions.

Perhaps more information about the files where this fails, or a sample file that exhibits the problem, would help.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

I can't drag a variable upwards from the lower panel as I would expect

I have to drag it left or right first to "detach" it, then upwards - only then does it work

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

That's strange, Carl. I don't need to do it that way. A straight upward drag works just fine.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Strange indeed, just tried on my Windows 10 PC with a mouse and that works fine with an upward drag

So it might be something to do with Windows 8.1 or the Wacom Pen/Tablet on this PC

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Good point. The feature works normally in my Windows 10 machine but I can confirm it is broken in my client's machine which runs Windows 7. Can't access the latter now, otherwise I would try carl123's workaround.

So probably the drag-and-drop feature is OS related.

Hi Rubs,

I've just tried this myself using a Windows 7 VM and I'm unable to reproduce it. See attached video - is there anything you're doing different that I may have missed? If not does the machine that is not working have any form of tablet/input drivers such as Wacom or Huion? If so what version are those drivers?

Hi Sean... No, no tablets. Just a regular mouse. I'll try to post the config and a video showing the problem when I'm back there.