Rags27

Import and export from hdd,sd cards, usb drives and share sheet (iPadOS)

Import and export full resolution photos and project files from external hard drives, sd card readers (SD CARDS) and usb drives from the open file icon (files app) and share sheet integration on iPadOS for affinity photo and affinity designer

Edited by Rags27

Not sure what you are asking. You can open files, navigate to wireless network HDD, select a raw file, select share sheet 'open in Affinity Photo’, and Photo opens in raw edit mode. Likewise you can edit and save a file back to wireless networked drive. It works with my lightning to USB drive too so I assume other forms of connection would work too.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.3  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

It‘s what Rags27 writes.

Not possible to open files from an USB Port directly connected device(storage) on IPadOS

AP don‘t recognized this ports, no Input or Output.

Hope there comes an update. Soon.

8 hours ago, Howe said:

Not possible to open files from an USB Port directly connected device(storage) on IPadOS

I don’t have the USB port only lightning. Luckily I can plug in my iXpand lightning/USB device into the lightning port then using Affinity Photo's 'Import from cloud' which opens Files navigation then navigate to the folder on my USB drive and select/import file directly from APhoto.

Are you able to access a USB storage from Files apps? Does your attached drive even appear in the File storage access list?   I will have to pick up a lightning to USB cable and try it with one of my portable HDD’s.

Hope the USB port issue gets resolved soon for you.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.3  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?