You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inpainting Brush Tool difference between beta and stable version

There is a difference between how the Inpainting Brush Tool works in the stable version and in the current beta (the new version has been in several betas by now, I cannot really tell when exactly it was introduced). In the beta version the brush kind of hangs on a thread and when it's moved the area where the Inpainting takes place is dragged behind the cursor. In the stable version on the other hand the tool works in a more conventional way meaning the painting area and the cursor are moved congruently. Is this difference intended (so far I've never seen anything concerning this matter in the change log), has the change simply not been implemented in the stable version yet or has this change been declined and the fact that it's still in the beta is simply an error?

Sounds like you have turned on the Stabilizer:

image.thumb.png.5d821db637ef4337c795fb70dd311707.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome. And each of needs a second pair of eyes, or someone to spot something "obvious", every once in awhile :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

20 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

And each of needs a second pair of eyes, or someone to spot something "obvious", every once in awhile :)

*each of us ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.