You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Fonts Not Loading

i have a fairly full range of Myriad Pro typefaces running via Font Explorer.  AI sees them, AD doesn't - or at least it sees some (light, black) but not regular and bold.

You can check them out with the file I was working on here…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ct8syvuw6g5zvp/myriad%20font%20issue.zip?dl=0

Note the AD file is descended from an ai file from someone else, I was busy unpacking all the masks to get at it. But the issue occurs on any new AD file or whatever.  But, as I say, not in other apps, like illustrator.

Tim

And just BTW, a keyboard shortcut for paragraph dialog along with the text character dialog (or better still, combine dialogues!) would be really really handy.

one planet, one chance

• Staff

Hi Tim,

I'm not getting your issue with neither the app store version, nor the latest Designer beta. See screenshot. Can you check font book to see if they have been installed properly? Do you not get the same problem in Textedit or Pages?

Thanks

Edit: If you use font explorer to change your font list while the application is running, then you need to force Designer to refresh its font list. In the latest beta, there is a 'reset font' button in preferences > miscellaneous.

post-14-0-09127200-1435574960_thumb.png

post-14-0-58736100-1435574960_thumb.png

hey thanks Andrew - yes i checked back textedit and pages failed also - I'd been put off by AI actually being the only one to work this time, so assumed AD at fault

Not 100% sure what the issue was specifically but looking like conflict between system Myriad Pro and 'Big foundry' imported Version - issue went away by opting for the latter.

the clear fonts in prefs was a handy hot tip though - saved me regularly rebooting

Thanks again

one planet, one chance

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.