You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installation failed 1.7.3.481

1. After an attempt to install version 1.7.3.481, the previous version was completely removed.
2. Installation completed with a message that the installation failed.
Reinstallations do not help.
Windows system 7 64-bit.

2233.JPG.d1fd3e64ea19dfe87f1f6bdca05567fb.JPG

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff

I would definitely restart your machine and check there are no pending Windows updates and try again making sure you run as Admin.

If it still fails, can you run this command in the Run dialog - %temp%/AffinitySetup and attach the most recent entry

8 hours ago, Chris B said:

I would definitely restart your machine and check there are no pending Windows updates and try again making sure you run as Admin.

If it still fails, can you run this command in the Run dialog - %temp%/AffinitySetup and attach the most recent entry

The computer rebooted.
User admin.
Updates were not installed.

4 attempts to install. Here are all 4 installation logs.

AffinitySetup.zip

Windows 11 64-bit,

Three of those seem to indicate that the downloaded file was corrupt or incompletely downloaded. I'm not sure how to interpret the 4th one.

What is the actual size of the .exe file you downloaded? Have you tried downloading again, to see if you get something larger?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

17 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Can you try deleting the beta folders and try again?

Also, make sure you've got the correct permissions.

Have you had trouble with the betas before or is this the first time?

The installer deleted the beta folder. In the screenshot I recorded the fact of its absence.
I have one user on the computer with the administrator role. I work for him.
This is the first installation problem.

Windows 11 64-bit,

46 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Can you try deleting the beta folders and try again?

Also, make sure you've got the correct permissions.

Have you had trouble with the betas before or is this the first time?

walt.farrell was right. I downloaded the installer again and everything went well. The question remains, the installer does not check the integrity of the archive before installation? In theory, with a damaged / under-downloaded file, the installation should not start.

Windows 11 64-bit,

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Three of those seem to indicate that the downloaded file was corrupt or incompletely downloaded. I'm not sure how to interpret the 4th one.

What is the actual size of the .exe file you downloaded? Have you tried downloading again, to see if you get something larger?

Thank! It helped! I did not see a download failure message. It was surprising that the damaged installer started and performed installation.

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Hi Max N,

Do you happen to still have the corrupt download? I've been asked by the developers to see if we could get hold of it because this shouldn't be happening.

If you do have it, could you upload it to this Dropbox folder for us, please? Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi Max N,

Do you happen to still have the corrupt download? I've been asked by the developers to see if we could get hold of it because this shouldn't be happening.

If you do have it, could you upload it to this Dropbox folder for us, please? Thank you.  

Unfortunately, I overwrote the file when I downloaded it again.

Windows 11 64-bit,

I had that problem previously, but I just successfully installed all three (Designer, Photo, and Publisher release) versions 1.7.3.481. After the installs I uninstalled the betas.

(05mar2020) Ryzen 1800x, Gigabyte AX370 K7, Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVME-M.2 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G2 PS, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 442.50 (01mar20), LG Ultra HD (2), Win 10 Pro x64 18363.657, Affinity Photo/Designer 1.8.1.604 beta & Publisher 1.8.2.603 beta

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.