You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MoviePlus X6 unlock codes (legacy)

Hi I'm new to this forum. I've reinstalled movieplus x6 due to Windows 10 problem and now I cannot enter unlock codes to continue working. Serif support cannot help so without unlock codes the software is useless. Does anybody know how to proceed as I cannot find any help by surfing. Thanks.

• Staff

Hi @titulinus,

Welcome to the Affinity forum, should you wish to post queries about any of our Legacy applications, please do so on the relevant forum here.

That said, this specific post may help;

https://community.serif.com/tutorials/details/114502/how-to-export-movieplus-unlock-codes-for-use-on-a-new-computer

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, 

I am in desperate need for help!  I have read all the replies and StevenS post on 26 Sept. I followed the instructions to download the file, but it didn't do the trick??.

All my features are still locked:S

My laptop crashed and I lost my unlocking codes (Seriff X6).

I have created a wedding DVD as wedding gift.  I encountered no problem loading the photos (jpeg) or the video material (MOV),

but when I wanted to burn the DVD it asked for the following unlocking codes - Feature Codes 4,11.  Please see the attachments.

Please, please I need help.  I have spend hours and hours on this project and don't have the time to redo. I have downloaded codes from anonther site but it was

infected with trojan virus - luckily my anti-virus is up to date.  I am begging for assistance :61_sob:

Kind regards

Letty

Edited by Letty
Want to delete the images

5 hours ago, Letty said:

I am in desperate need for help! 

Please reread StevenS's post above. You need to post your question in the community forum for the legacy products. They are not supported here, as these newer forums are only for the Affinity line of products.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@Letty

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

First, did you follow and read carefully the link @StevenS put in his reply of September 26th?  Were you able to export the codes from your old laptop?  In which case you simply need to Import them to your new computer, as per the instructions in that same linked post.

OTOH, if you are not able to export the codes from your old machine, there is nothing anyone can do to help you. If you read the very first post in this very long thread you will see that the unlock codes for MoviePlus are no longer available and Serif cannot create any to send to you.  Quite a number of users of the software have complained, vociferously, about this situation but there is no solution to the problem other than that given in the thread linked by StevenS!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@titulinus

It is my understanding that these codes are specific to the original installation key of the computer on which MoviePlus was installed.  IOW, even though you are attempting to help another user by giving access to your codes they are highly unlikely to work since the MoviePlus installation on any other computer than yours will NOT have the same installation key.

It is also moot whether you should be publishing to a forum data that is connected with proprietary licences that were originally paid for by Serif.

Jeff

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hello Jeff,

thank you for the reply.  I am not a computer expert, hence me loaded the image. The intention was not to help anyone, just to give someone who can assist a clear picture

of my problem. Not knowing that anyone else could do someting with the info.  My laptop crashed and I lost all my information and programs.

Kind regards

Letty

@Letty

My post referring to confidential information etc. was in reply to another user, @titulinus, whose post has now been removed or hidden!  It was certainly NOT a comment on your posted images!  However, I do think you are right to remove them.

1 hour ago, Letty said:

My laptop crashed and I lost all my information and programs

Are you absolutely certain that nothing is retrievable from that laptop?  It is possible that a computer repair shop or similar might be able to retrieve your old codes and so enable you to continue to use MoviePlus.  

Jeff

• 4 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 10:48 AM, StevenS said:

Hi @titulinus,

Welcome to the Affinity forum, should you wish to post queries about any of our Legacy applications, please do so on the relevant forum here.

That said, this specific post may help;

https://community.serif.com/tutorials/details/114502/how-to-export-movieplus-unlock-codes-for-use-on-a-new-computer

CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION:  VirusTotal.com shows 26 VIRUSES in that download the way it appeared 05/05/2020.

3 hours ago, Scott14 said:

CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION:  VirusTotal.com shows 26 VIRUSES in that download the way it appeared 05/05/2020.

The download in the linked post is a batch file (i.e. plain text) so there is no code to execute and it therefore cannot contain a virus, but if you’re worried about it you can copy the text and paste it into a new file.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 5 months later...

HEY EVERYONE LOOKING FOR PRODUCT KEYS!!

If you have purchased Serif X6 or X5 or any of the other Serif products from the site before 2018 then go to this link: https://www.serif.com/en-gb/legacy/product-keys/

Put in the email address you used at the time and, hey presto, that elusive product key will be magically sent to email address.

It saved the day here, I can tell you 🙂

Edited by ShedLight

• 1 month later...

Hi, I lost my movie plus product when my computer crashed and all else wasa lost too. I activated the code given and nothing happened?

JIM

• 3 months later...
On 12/23/2019 at 10:04 AM, emmrecs01 said:

@Letty

Are you absolutely certain that nothing is retrievable from that laptop?  It is possible that a computer repair shop or similar might be able to retrieve your old codes and so enable you to continue to use MoviePlus.  

Jeff

Hi, I still have my hard drive that had MoviePlus x5 on it, fully in-tact, and I want to search it for thr codes I need for my new installation. Could you tell me Please what I should be looking for? Thanks!

• Staff

@Other

Welcome ,

The legacy forum CommunityPlus is the best place to ask, where they will point you at this answer

How to Export MoviePlus Unlock codes for use on a new computer 

(just like StevenS said in the second post in this thread)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 weeks later...

Months ago I lost the ability to upload my videos produced on MP5 & MP6 and every attempt to do so has failed and I am still awaiting advice on this?????? What has happened to these two excellent video production software?????  I use them on different computers. Why did you not accept my other email and state it belongs to someone else?????

JAMES TAYLOR