You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ability to rasterize mask back to pixel

Please, allow "Rasterize" command to convert masks back to pixel layers (black and white). It can be done manually (filling empty layer with black/white, masking and merging, etc) - but this is really annoying.

This may seem not important - but since many tools (and filters, since alpha is special) simply not working on masks as expected - there is a lot of "mask tuning cases" when it is faster to convert mask into pixel and do the work with all AP power, comparing to fixing mask with only limited set of tools. So the ability just to rasterize mask into pixel would be very handy.

10 hours ago, IPv6 said:

I`m talking about converting "Mask" layer into "Pixel" layer,

True, when mask is created with mask button dragging it to normal layer level does not work expectedly. It stays mask mode even when it should behave like normal graphic. This is a problem.

Affinity,

I started out with no photo editing experience and AP 1.6.  I bought the AP workbook and watched that generation of videos. I also watched and read about more generic editing aspects via Photoshop information on the net. I feel like I achieved a basic editing/AP proficiency.

But there are still use cases like above that are procedural and not immediately obvious, if one does not know if available. In this case, it works one way and not another and is not clear that/why the other way does not work. At one point I did try the way that does not work. Please document/video more of these types of important features/capabilities (i.e. ones without specific menubar items), especially since the release of 1.7. Thanks.