You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

aPub: Selecting behind objects, fit frame to text & paste in place?

1) Selecting behind objects

In InDesign, if clicking on overlapping objects, you can press the CMD key while clicking to select the object that's underneath the current selection. It's a lot quicker than having to switch to the white mouse tool. Is there anything similar to aPub.

2) Fit frame to text

In InDesign, you can also press CMD+ALT+C to fit a text frame to the contents of the text? Is there anything similar? I Googled and found this thread which recommends double-clicking on the blue frame icon, but that only makes the frame fit the height of the text. It doesn't make the width of the frame adjust.

3) Paste in place

InDesign, you can paste in place. Is there any way to do that in aPub?

4) Copy and Paste transformation values? 

InDesign also has a plugin called the equalizer. It copies transformation values from one object to another.  Does aPub have anything similar? (Eg. I have a rectangle that is 0.25" away from the document edge. Is there a way to copy that and paste it to several objects). I know I can use the transformation panel to enter in the values, but it would be easier to copy and paste. 

1) Selecting behind objects

You can use the OPT key (instead CMD) to click through various layers with the black arrow cursor (move tool). Or directly select the wanted object in the Layers Panel.

2) Fit frame to text

When you hover over a frame's node the cursor changes to a double arrow. Then a double-click on a mid node sets the frames size to fit its content in the arrow's direction, either horizontally or vertically. With CMD-double-click you make it size from the frame's midpoint.

3) Paste in place

AfPublisher always pastes in place, there is no need to select or activate that behavior.
If the copied object comes from a facing page spread then it gets placed on another spread at its initial coordinates – whereas it gets placed on a single page in the same document always on this page and might change this way from left to right page. If you want to copy from a facing left to a right page in place you can select the wanted page in the Pages Panel (blue highlight frame) before pasting.

4) Copy and Paste transformation values? 

I'm not sure I understand your point of view. You can select different objects in a spread and use the Alignment functions to set their x/y coordinate to one same value. You can not set a value in the transformation window for a bunch of selected objects but only for them as a group, keeping the relative distance to each other.
(p.s.: Affinity has announced that enable Scripting is in planned/in preparation, so sooner or later the selected objects may be movable in a more customizable way by using a script.)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1