You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A way to increase the size in pixels once you decided to export a work or a slice, layer erc.

Hi friends,

Learning little by little.

I have a question, How can be re-sized a document, or a layer, slice etc.....once you have decided to export them as png, jpeg, or whatever?

I have tried to export a layer from quite mixed up experimental work..(many items on the same document) and it has been easy, but the result in y dashboard was a very little object, because that, of course was the size it had in th canvas.

Then....an idea came to me...well If I resise the document, then, I may well resise the whole selction of it, with all the items and all. No problem...but then, all the vectorial brushes thqt I had used for texturizing, and giving ni ce abstraction to some of the objects, were not resized as well, losing all the proportion that they had when they had been applied.

mmmmmsorry,,may be I am asking too much,

I would appreciate much iyour help for both questions, Size of a document, layer, slice when bng exported, and not loosing the vecto rial brushes proportions as well,

thanks a lot in advance,,,

Greetings from Bilbao,Spain,

Rosa

• Staff

Hi Rosa,

One way to resize the layer/object you are exporting would be to, select the layer/object you want to export in the Layers panel, go to File ▹ Export, then select Selection with (or without) background from Area drop down on the bottom of the Export dialog.  At the top of this dialog you can set the size you want that layer/object to be exported as.  As for the slices in the Export Persona, the only way we can increase the size is by using the X2 and X3 options.

When it comes to resizing the whole document, on the Document Setup dialog, please make sure you have the Scale option selected and when you resize, everything should scale correctly.  

Thank you very much.

I will try your instructions on.

At last I got to manage it, but without an enormous expense of energy for so much trial and error, and I am not sure of my procedings. In one of them....beleive me....I found that once I had re-sized that object that was already finished but done in a quite little little canvas, with many others, the result was a 20.000 x more or less 18.000 pixels!!!!! of size. So...not wishing really you telling my what may had hapenned I feel now more inclined to try your info. I will re-comment if I find some problems with it.

I am sending you warm greetings from Bilbao,Spain.

Rosa