You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cant Drag/Drop Import Anymore

swenpaylay

For what it’s worth, I can drag and drop raw files in single or multiple groups onto photo project screen and they come across as raw. 
I can drag and drop a raw file onto an open document and it opens into the workspace as an image layer.

Dragging multiple images to the workspace just imports the first image (as if placed but without having to size).

No crashes so far.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Hey swenpaylay,

Works for me too. Tried on two different iPad's running iPadOS 13. 

Are you able to do a screen recording so we can see exactly what is going wrong?

I would also really appreciate a crash report. Please could you do this:

Go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and look for the Photo iPad crash. Then click Share to save to an .ips file. You can then save it to a cloud service and attach it here.

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey swenpaylay,

Works for me too. Tried on two different iPad's running iPadOS 13. 

Are you able to do a screen recording so we can see exactly what is going wrong?

I would also really appreciate a crash report. Please could you do this:

Go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and look for the Photo iPad crash. Then click Share to save to an .ips file. You can then save it to a cloud service and attach it here.

I can try that later, cant find the setting at the moment. Where is it exactly? I wonder if it’s a fuji RAF issue.

dont want to go down the rabbit hole of sending you a multitude of screen captures but its pretty clear. Pre ios 13 i would drag a batch of RAFs into the project screen, it would show it was loading, then nothing would happen. Now in 13 the same thing except it just crashes entirely instead of doing nothing.

between having the 1TB IPP and Fuji It seems im most prone to issues based on other complaints.

What file size are the raws? Does it work with one or two. Are you dragging onto the Project screen? It will only accept one file at a time on Work screen.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

3 hours ago, DM1 said:

What file size are the raws? Does it work with one or two. Are you dragging onto the Project screen? It will only accept one file at a time on Work screen.

They are around 56mb each. One, a few, or many...wont load no matter what. Tried every possible scenario. I usually create a new project and drop them in there. I can still import one at a time the old way through the AP menu but the loss of being able to drop in 50 at once is a pain. I cant share the files publicly but will PM or email devs if thats possible, for this and my magenta cast issue.

Happy, sort of, to report my issue was the RAW files themselves. Somehow while moving them around on my ipad they got seriously compressed. They were still showing as RAWs to metapho, but only 2.4mb. So i assume something got bugged to where only the jpeg renderings were importing to apps and that same bug caused this multi-import issue here. It seems to be working with files from a previous import. This can be considered resolved for my sake. Checking on my magenta issue next to see if it's related to my corrupted raws. 

Now the question is...how was a batch of around 1000 photos corrupted to where only the jpeg thumbnails were present? No idea, probably not AP's fault. Happy to be editing again! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 1:13 PM, swenpaylay said:

Now the question is...how was a batch of around 1000 photos corrupted to where only the jpeg thumbnails were present? No idea, probably not AP's fault. Happy to be editing again! 

Do you have 'optimise iPad storage, turned on in settings? Apparently this loads raw to cloud and jpg thumbnail to photo library. Thumbnail image is then meant to download associated raw when tapped. From what I have read, AP however just loads the thumbnail.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:54 PM, DM1 said:

Do you have 'optimise iPad storage, turned on in settings? Apparently this loads raw to cloud and jpg thumbnail to photo library. Thumbnail image is then meant to download associated raw when tapped. From what I have read, AP however just loads the thumbnail.

No. Ruled that out long ago.