You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Formatting with macros in Publisher

Before I download the software, I was wondering if there’s a way to set up page headers with macros. The project I will be working on will require multiple headers in the form of old bulletin board  messages to tell the story of a group who came together on line & formed life-long friendships. What needs to be included in the macro is topic, time (variable- formula set up to prompt  date & time for each entry?), to, from and subject...from multiple users.  I started this in PageMaker more years ago than I care to remember and have renewed enthusiasm at restarting it.  I was curious if Publisher also had this feature. 

Thank you for any help in this matter...

Jax

Hi JaxR,
Welcome to the Affinity forums,

In AfPub are no macros as kind of user defined scripts. If you want to add automatically, dynamically generated text you can select a few from the "Fields" panel. Also the "Index" or "Table of Contents" might meet your desire. To assign a specific look to particular page headers you can define, save and apply text styles and use master pages.

This is the forum for Bug reports and of the Beta version. – To ask How-To questions you rather use the according Questions forum:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/5-affinity-on-desktop-questions-mac-and-windows/

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.