You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flamingoes.

denironaut

Hello everybody.

So in the never ending quest to try and find my own "style" I decided to try something a bit abstract. I really enjoyed creating this piece as I wasn't really tied to light and shadow, just shapes that I think look good together. I would love some input and advice as I think I might continue with this style to see where it goes.

Thank you!

post-2135-0-90083500-1435521306_thumb.png

Thanks A_B_C! The textures are just created using the place image tool, I then drop the opacity and experiment with different blending modes, multiply, soft light etc.

@peter, Cheers peter, to be confused with the great George is indeed a compliment! Wow I love the style of these!

George, great work as usual.

You don't need advice. Just go for it. B)

Do you like the 1920's and 1930's train/travel posters? As this is on par with them.

Craig.

Looks ace! Really love the build up of shapes and design elements to bring the whole image together. That and the lovely textured feel to it all. Great work indeed. Wish I could create something like this....

George

P.S. I've noticed you've got a couple of tangents between the diagonal white lines in the foremost bird's legs and the edges of the mountains.

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Glad you liked it Craig. I think you know what your style is...Nouveau Art Deco.

You're an inspiration. The copy (words) came to me, in a flash. As for the font, that was easy: the thin hollow lines represent the legs and the stroke and fill colours are pulled from the feathers and beach, using the eye dropper tool.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Excellent, very nice flamingos, and this is coming from someone who grew up in Miami ;)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17