You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Initials display wrong in frametext

katrinrr

Does that happen with this particular frame only – or with any frame you create on the master, even in a new document?
Did you detach the text frame on the document page – or just enter/edit text content only?

Could you upload an .afpub with a master frame text + this text style applied?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 9/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, thomaso said:

Did you detach the text frame on the document page

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

Was the text frame ever resized?

The master page text frame has obviously a different height then its child on the document page.

Also it is unusual that page 1 as a right page has the content of a left master page assigned. Maybe something went wrong with moving or scaling, possibly by scaling at any time via the outer node handle in the lower right corner of a text frame?
(wouldn't it be nice to get shown somewhere in the UI the scaling factor of an item? It would be easier to reset it to its initial 100%)

However, I can not reconstruct this issue with a new, additional text frame and the existing text styles on master "Vogelportait DS" in this document.

17 hours ago, Pauls said:

I've opened the file on a windows machine and altering the master page text frame slightly seem to correct the height

I work on an iMac with system 10.11.6. This morning, when I tried to change the text in the textframe of the document page the system did't crash. But the inititial is still 5 rows high.

15 hours ago, thomaso said:

Also it is unusual that page 1 as a right page has the content of a left master page assigned

You are right. I was also wondering, but had the problem with the initials at that moment. So what is this? Why on the right document page is displayed the left masterpage?

Did you detach the text frame on the document page

Was the text frame ever resized?

The text frame wasn't detached, as I am still learning/trying out AP and haven't reached this point yet. Too many problems on my way trying out the program:(. As you can see the corners of the text frame are still crosses. Therefore I didn't resize it either.

very strange: I just removed the old textframes and put new ones on the masterpage. Now the document pages are o.k. ?!?! O.o Maybe all the trouble was because this document is based on an imported a pdf-file?

1 hour ago, katrinrr said:

You are right. I was also wondering, but had the problem with the initials at that moment. So what is this? Why on the right document page is displayed the left masterpage?

To detect the reason for both strange occurrences it would be necessary to know all steps which were done. Since that is hardly possible to recognize afterwards (unless you have saved with document history) I'd rather call it a corrupted frame or master. So, instead of investigating its initial fault I'd recommend for your further work to delete that master frame and even page 1 and re-create from scratch. (As mentioned I tried it successfully with your styles on a new text frame on the existing master with no harm.)

EDIT: I just noticed you have already done that successfully. Thank you for the info.

The text frame wasn't detached, (...) the corners of the text frame are still crosses. Therefore I didn't resize it either.

Hm, how did the text frame on master and page 1 get different heights if not detached on page 1?

The cross handles are no indicator to detect whether an object has been detached any time. Yes, the handles turn to dots when detach mode is active – but they turn back to cross handles when detach mode is finished. In this sample you see a master page icon + a document page with an obviously scaled object, which still (again) appears with cross handles:

173717864_detachedcrosshandles.jpg.b613a70de959199096a02a3915547271.jpg

very strange: I just removed the old textframes and put new ones on the masterpage. Now the document pages are o.k. ?!?! O.o Maybe all the trouble was because this document is based on an imported a pdf-file?

"Based on an imported PDF" sounds like a good hint for the developers. That might be a reason for unexpected behavior, otherwise it also could be initiated by any later action. – Can you upload your origin PDF in case developers want to do further investigation?

However, the left/right issue of master and pg 1 isn't solved or explained yet. – Have you switched your .afpub in "Document Setup..." at any time from "single" to "facing" pages?