You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPadOS and Affinity Photo 1.7.2: safe update?

Hi to all!

Today after a long wait (at least for me) should be released iPadOS and I'm wondering, before to risk the update, if the 1.7.2 build of Affinity Photo for iPad is safe from bugs or issues or if I can update to iPadOs safely.

This because I'm just happy that the 1.7.2 build fixed the problems raised in the update process from 1.6 to 1.7, and I would like to avoid to back to have this app broken due to compatibility issues with the new iPadOS.

Thanks to everyone who will be willing to reply. ^_^

• Staff

Hi bilboudo,

We have a build of 1.7.2 running on iPadOS here in the office and it's been very stable, from the limited time i've spent on the device :) 

I'm sure other users who have give iPadOS and Affinity will comment once they see this post :) 

Anyone else have suggestions if to update to iPad OS or to wait, in order to keep Affinity Photo working as properly as after the last update to 1.7.2?

I would need some new features from the new iPad OS (13), but I'm scared to back to have Affinity Photo unusable (digital art) due to some incompatibility with the new OS...

Please... ^_^

Thanks summersara!

I work on Affinity Photo on iPad using .PSD files charged on iPad using iTunes and open them on the iPad through the File app.

Reading your experience, all seems to work fine without lags or other issues that was present in the 1.7.1. even with files with a medium/high number of layers (which is my case).

Do you confirm this?

Uh, I understand.

I don't use Designer, but only Photo.

Please, should you be willing to spent a little time (very little) in order to create a file in Photo with  lot of layers (A4 size or so) in order to test it quickly?

Even a copy/past of a lot of photos/pics from the web in different layers, without waste time to draw or so, just to see how the app reacts.

This would help me a lot, but I understand if you shouldn't have time.

Hi bilboudo,

I loaded about 15 of my own photos taken from my iPhone onto different layers, most of them are about 2MB size and set the new document as A4, there was a little bit of lag when moving and resizing after adding any more photos after 15, I’m on the IPad 2017 9.7inch and so I think you would get much better results on a IPad Pro.