You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printer/colour management issue - Sawgrass Virtuoso

For the life of me I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong with my printer profile. I am using Sawgrass Virtuoso 400 and I had been expecting to see it listed as a choice when using an adjustment layer for soft proofing. I had tried printing through the Sawgrass VPM but the colours are frustratingly wrong and I am totally out of ideas. As I am very green when it comes to these types of technical issues,  any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by RomyB
added "print" to topic title

• Staff

Hi RomyB and Welcome to the Forums,

If you've installed an ICC profile into your OS for your printer, then it would appear in the dropdown for the Soft Proof adjustment.  Otherwise, when soft proofing, you would select the Profile for the paper you are printing on, if you've got one.

Best thing to do, confirm the paper you are printing on and see if it has an ICC profile (most of the time this is listed on the packaging that comes with the paper and normally lists a download location).  Then when you go to File>Print on the Colour Management section, make sure Colour Handling is set to Performed by App and you where you have Printer Profile, select the paper you are printing on.  

Hi, and thanks for responding to my query. The ICC profile is apparently "built in" to the printer which is why I thought it would be visible under soft proof. I will contact the paper supplier and ask for ICC details and see if that shows results. Many thanks!

• 4 years later...

I'm having the same problems with the same printer.

I already have the ICC profile installed, having used it for some time to print from my Sawgrass Virtuosa printer but through photoshop.

When I open my document if I go to load ICC profile, the profile is there but not highlighted therefore cannot load. 

If using the "print" function, I can choose the Sawgrass printer as my printer but no matter what other setting I select in the print menu, the programme crashes. It's the same on all the Affinity products.

HELP, I've got a sublimation job to get out.