You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

shape text in publisher

How can I handle shape text in publisher?

I draw a shape, which I changed into a textframe (not with the frame text tool, because it is not working). Now I want the text groundline not be horizontically but in a certain angle, lets say:  -10°.

Another question. Can I change the shape of a regular textbox?

• Staff

Hi katrinrr :)

You should be able to convert any shape into a Shape Text object by left clicking on it whilst using the Text Frame tool. Could you confirm how this isn't working for you?

2 hours ago, katrinrr said:

Now I want the text groundline not be horizontically but in a certain angle, lets say:  -10°.

Unfortunately I don't believe this is possible currently, without rotating the shape itself.
Perhaps a Path Text object would be better for you, as you can manually draw the angle of the curve you wish to type along using the Pen Tool.

2 hours ago, katrinrr said:

Can I change the shape of a regular textbox?

You can change the shape of any textbox using the move tool to adjust its size and position, however you will need to use a Curve/Shape Text object if you wish to manipulate the shape using the Node Tool. I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

you will need to use a Curve/Shape Text object if you wish to manipulate the shape using the Node Tool. I hope this helps!

As I have the german programm version: What is a Curve/shape Text object? I want to change the shape of a textbox not to be rectangular but irregular. I tried the node tool. But it draws a new shape. I want to grap the corners and to move each of them differently.

• Staff

A Curve Text (Kurventext) or Shape Text (Formtext) object is a text frame created from either a Curve or Quick Shape. 

If you create a text frame using the text frame tool, you can't change its shape to be irregular.

I recommend creating a rectangle on your page, convert this to a Curve object (using 'Convert to Curves' on the context toolbar) then clicking the object with the text frame tool to convert it. You should now find you're able to edit the shape of the Shape Text using the Node tool. I've attached a screen recording of this below!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)