You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

significant slowdown affinity version 1.7.2.471

corinth

Hi !

version 1.7.2.471 is as unstable under windows as before.
I often notice a strong slowdown in the execution of the actions of the tools.
However, I have identified that when the phenomenon occurs during a "photo persona" processing on one file "A" it does not occur on another file "B".
I noticed that when I created and deleted several layers of settings several times, this slowdown appeared.
Similarly, if I add the same filter several times (example: clarity + high pass) or duplicate a layer + mask several times in "overlay" mode, the slowing down occurs.
This phenomenon persists even when closing the "A" file, the application and the computer.
Finally, in this situation, if I open another "B" file the response time of the tools is correct.
How do I know if the "A" file is corrupted?

Example of a slow-down defect: the paintbrush is slow, the opacity of the red trace is low in case "A"; complete opacity in case "B".
I would like to send you the file".afphoto"
Thank you! Thank you!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Français :

Lenteur affinity photo 1.7.2.471 sous windows

la version 1.7.2.471 est aussi instable sous windows qu'avant.
Je constate souvent un fort ralentissement de l'exécution des actions des outils.
Cependant j'ai identifié que lorsque le phénomène se produit lors d'un traitement "photo persona" sur un fichier "A" cela ne se produit pas sur un autre fichier "B".
J'ai constaté que lorsque je créais et supprimais plusieurs fois plusieurs calques de réglages , ce ralentissement apparaissait.
De même si je cumule plusieurs fois le même filtre (exemple : clarté + passe-haut) ou que je duplique plusieurs fois un calque+ masque en mode "incrustation", le ralentissement se produit.
Ce phénomène persiste même en fermant le fichier "A",  l'application et l'ordinateur.
Enfin, dans cette situation, si j'ouvre un autre fichier "B" le temps de réponse des outils est correct.
Comment savoir si le fichier "A" est corrompu ?

Exemple de défaut de ralentissement : le pinceau d'inpainting est lent, l'opacité de la trace rouge est faible dans le cas "A" ; opacité complète dans le cas "B".
j'eaasaie de vous transmettre le fichier ".afphoto"
Merci !

nature_morte_20190921_006_AF.afphoto

• 1 month later...

Hello! Hello!
I come back to you because I have the following problem again:
I work in "photo persona".
I use the "paintbrush" tool (J).
The red trace takes a long time to display, then no longer displays at all.
I try the "brush" tool (B).
Ditto the trace of the brush is not displayed.
I'm trying on another file: everything works fine.
I deduce that the file on which the problem occurs has become corrupted during development.
What could cause it?
Thank you for your feedback.

bonjour !
je reviens vers vous car j'ai à nouveau le problème suivant :
Je travaille dans "photo persona".
J'utilise l'outil "pinceau d'inpainting" (J).
La trace rouge met longtemps avant de s'afficher, puis ne s'affiche plus du tout.
J'essaie l'outil "pinceau" (B).
Idem la trace du pinceau ne s'affiche pas.
J'essaie sur un autre fichier : tout fonctionne correctement.
J'en déduit que le fichier sur lequel se produit le problème s'est corrompu en cours de développement.
Quelles pourraient en être les cause ?
Merci de votre retour d'expérience.

Hello !
I performed the action as suggested: the operation is normal for the few settings tested.

By comparison, I have resumed the original file. Surprise: the settings respond correctly.

On yesterday's file (1) I had done this:
- I had closed the file and affinity photo;
- I had cleaned the windows PC with Ccleaner and bitdefender;
- I had turned off the PC;
- and then I opened it all up again.
The problem remained intact: 100% CPU, the effects of the settings, the paint brush (J), the normal brush (B), the curve... did not appear.

Today, I opened yesterday's file (1) and directly tested the reaction of the brush inpainting, the curve..., everything reacts for the immediate correctly.
As I often do multiple tests during development, I notice this slowing down until the display of the desired effects is blocked.
I noticed that when I close everything and restart the PC immediately, the problem persists.
If I open all the next day or later, everything works: Is it a coincidence? I don't know. I don't know.

The next time I see the phenomenon, I will "save as" immediately to see if the phenomenon will correct itself or if it will persist.

If you could have reproduced it, would you have found a way to temporarily fix it while waiting for Serif to find a cure?
Sincerely!

Bonjour !
j'ai exécuter l'action tel que suggéré : le fonctionnement est normal pour les quelques réglages testés.

Par comparaison, j'ai repris le fichier d'origine. Surprise : les réglages répondent correctement.

Sur le fichier d'hier (1)  j'avais fait ceci :
- J'avais fermé le fichier et affinity photo ;
- j'avais nettoyé le PC windows avec Ccleaner et bitdefender ;
- J'avais éteint le PC ;
- puis j'avais tout ouvert à nouveau.
Le problème restait entier : UC à 100 %, les effets des réglages, du pinceau  inpainting  (J) , du pinceau normal (B), de la courbe ... , n'apparaissaient pas.

Aujourd'hui, j'ai ouvert le fichier d'hier (1) et directement j'ai testé la réaction du pinceau inpainting, de la courbe ..., tout réagit pour l'immédiat correctement.
Comme je fais souvent des essais multiples lors du développement, effectivement je constate ce ralentissement jusqu'au blocage de l'affichage des effets recherchés.
J'ai constaté, que lorsque je ferme tout et relance le PC immédiatement, le problème persiste.
Si j'ouvre tout le lendemain où plus tard, tout fonctionne : Est-ce une coïncidence ? Je ne sais pas.

La prochaine fois que je constaterai le phénomène, j'"enregistrerai sous" immédiatement pour voir si le phénomène se corrigera  ou si il persistera.

Si vous avez-pu le reproduire, auriez-vous trouver une astuce pour le régler temporairement en attendant que la société Serif y apporte un remède ?
Cordialement !

• Staff

The fix, for now, is the "Save as". We don't streamline the native project files unless we have 25% redundant data. So, as you save, you will notice that the size goes up, and at some point it will streamline it and the file size will become smaller. However, when you Save as instead of Save, it forces it to streamline and the new file size is going to be the "correct" one, with no redundant data. 

hello
The phenomenon is still present.
I had it "saved as". The file size decreases, but the response time of the tools is not modified.
In your experience, is it consistent that a 16.7MP file has a size of 460GB?
It contains 21 layers ( 3 images + 18 adjustment layers)?
The response time is about 2 minutes.
I tested on an empty internal hard disk, the result is the same.
Sorry!

bonjour
Le phénomène est toujours présent.
J'ai fait "enregistrer sous". La taille du fichier diminue, mais le temps de réponse des outils n'est pas modifié.
Selon votre expérience, est-ce cohérent qu'un fichier de 16,7 Mpx ait une taille de 460 Go ?
Il contient 21 calques ( 3 images +  18 calques de réglage) ?
Le temps de réponse est de 2 mn environ.
J'ai testé sur un disque dur interne vide, le résultat est le même.
Désolé !

13 minutes ago, corinth said:

In your experience, is it consistent that a 16.7MP file has a size of 460GB?

Did you really mean 460GB or did you mean 460MB?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.